The Week of December 4, 2023
Our weekly newsletter for all things Promontory!
- REMINDER: Club Blackout Dates are December 20th – January 2nd this year. During Blackout, no unaccompanied guest use is permitted anywhere on property. In addition, NO GUESTS (even accompanied) are permitted in the ski lodges during Blackout due to capacity constraints. See attached for a refresher on Guest Use Policies at Promontory.
- The Promontory Ice Skating rink opens Friday, December 8th.
- Conservancy crews will conduct a controlled burn behind the Equestrian Center on Thursday and possibly Friday of this week. The burn follows the regulations of the local fire authority and will be reported to Summit County Dispatch. If you have any questions, please contact Darrin Nielsen at (435) 333-4074.
- Please note that children 14 years old and younger must be accompanied by an adult (18+) to ride the ski shuttles and use the ski lodges.
HAPPENING THIS WEEK
Sleigh Ride Reservations Now Open
Sleighs Rides: December 26th – December 30th | 2pm – 6pm
- Request a reservation via email ONLY at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not contact the Concierge or Reservations desk for sleigh rides as our events team is handling this separately.
- The events team will do their best to accommodate as many Promontory families as possible. You may be paired with other families.
- Reservation requests will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis.
- Please include the following information in your email request to ensure correct booking information:
Full Name and Member/Owner Number
Best Contact Number and Email
Total number of people in your group.
Please indicate at least two preferred days (Dec 26-30) and two preferred time frames (open from 2pm – 6pm).
- You will receive a confirmation email confirming if we were able to accommodate your group size by no later than December 11th.
- Sleigh rides are open to all Members and Owners.
A few things to note about sleigh rides:
- Each sleigh ride will last approximately 15 minutes.
- You may make 10 total reservations per MEMBERSHIP/HOUSEHOLD max, but please do not request more than you need for your group as many members would like an opportunity to participate.
- Children under the age of 4 (if they sit on a lap) will not be counted towards the 10 total reservations.
- Please arrive with your full group at least 15 minutes prior to your reservation time. We may not be able to accommodate late arrivals due to the high demand for sleigh rides. We are not able to hold the sleigh if any members of your party are late.
- Should your plans change and you cannot make your reservations, or your party size has shrunk, please cancel your reservations 48 hours in advance via email Sleigh Rides. Due to limited capacity, we want to be sure that members on the waitlist have an opportunity to backfill any cancellations.
For cancellations made less than 48 hours in advance or any no-shows, there will be a $25 Cancellation Fee per person.
- Please note, if you book a reservation for less than 10 people, your group may be placed with another family to create a total of 10 people on each sleigh.
- Please bring your own blankets and dress warm!
- We will have fire pits outside to warm up as well as hot chocolate and sweet treats inside the Equestrian Center.
Cheese and Charcuterie
Tuesday, December 5th
1pm – 3pm in The Hearth
$50++ per person
Join us in learning the art of making a charcuterie and cheese board (that you’ll get to take home) with Chef Ashley—all while sipping on a seasonal holiday cocktail.
Holiday Glass Art
Thursday, December 7th
5pm – 7pm in The Shed Art Studio
$90++ per person (All ages welcome)
Join us for this unique class where you get to learn a new medium of art and create your very own Holiday Ornaments for your home or as a gift. Create 2 pieces per person while enjoining a complimentary glass of wine.
Holiday Wreath Building Class
Saturday, December 9th
1pm – 3pm in The Shed Art Studio
$125++ per person
Join us for this seasonal art class that teaches you the tricks of the trade to make your very own holiday wreath. This is perfect for your own home or as a gift.
NEW THIS WEEK
House 48 Jewelry
Holiday Trunk Show
Saturday, December 16th
2pm – 5pm | Village Sport Boutique
Promontory is hosting a trunk show with House 48 Jewelry. Come by the Sport Boutique in the Village Clubhouse and enjoy light refreshments and bubbly while picking out the perfect gift!
Gingerbread House Decorating
Monday, December 18th
5pm – 6pm | The Shed Sports Court
$38 per Gingerbread House
Enjoy a night of holiday fun! Bring the family and create your own gingerbread house. We will have more candy options to decorate with than you can imagine!
Brunch with Santa
Friday, December 22nd
10 am -12 pm | Double Deer
$52 ++ Adults | $28 ++ Child
Mimosas & Bloody’s available for purchase
Last year was such a hit, so we brought it back! Spend the morning with a delicious brunch buffet, photos with Santa & real life reindeer, and activities for the kiddos.
Hours of Operations
December 1st – December 12th
Wednesday-Sunday | 10:00 am-6:00 pm
Closed Monday & Tuesday
December 13th – December 31st
Open Daily | 10:00 am-6:00 pm
Christmas Eve (December 24th) | 10am-4pm
Closed Christmas Day (December 25th)
$100 for 25 minutes $125 for 50 minutes
Total body therapist-assisted stretching is a method of passive and active range of motion with gentle traction, circumduction, and breath. It is designed to ease muscle pain, decrease tension, and maintain and lengthen the full range of motion of your soft tissues and joints. This can be a full session dedicated to relaxing into stretches or can be included with any massage. Please wear comfortable athletic clothing.
10% off Muscle MX Activate and Recovery CBD
Perform your best by combining the use of Muscle MX Activate, a topical warming balm that primes the muscles and aids in injury prevention and the use of Muscle MX Recovery, a topical cooling balm that aids in the recovery process.
2023 Holiday Calendar
Celebrate the holidays at Promontory this winter! Be sure to join us for all the fun events we have planned to create new and lasting memories with your family.
Wednesday, December 13th
5pm-7pm in Double Deer Ballroom
$65++ Adults | $25++ Children
Join us for our annual Hanukkah Dinner Celebration where each family may reserve a table customized for your party size providing an intimate experience of your choosing.
Holiday Member Mixer
Thursday, December 14th
5pm – 6pm at Double Deer
Ho-Ho-Ho! Come dressed in festive attire! Fun Holiday Sweaters are welcomed. Lets laugh together as we take ourselves less seriously – even for only an hour – at this year’s Holiday Member Mixer.
American Whiskey Tasting & Food Pairings
Friday, December 15th
5pm – 7pm at The Outfitters Cabin
$75 pp ++ (21+ Up)
Join us for an evening by the fire as we enjoy the early snow, sipping some high-end quality whiskeys paired with bites to match the subtle nuances of each region.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Introducing Rick Shand, our New Director of Sales
Rick is a Park City resident of 32 years and has watched Promontory grow since its launch in 2002. A past president of the Park City Board of Realtors and current member of the Park City Planning Commission, Rick is an active participant in the Park City community. He served on the Citizen’s Open Space Advisory Committee (COSAC) and is a supporter of several local non-profits including the Egyptian Theater, Mountain Trails Foundation, Peace House, and The People’s Health Clinic. Prior to joining the Promontory sales team, Rick was a development-oriented broker with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Utah Properties and led the sales team at Pendry and Apex in Canyons Village. Rick resides in Park Meadows with his wife and fellow Realtor, Tracey Jaret. Their three adult daughters reside in Salt Lake City and Albuquerque, NM. Rick has a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Bucknell University and has been focused on his real estate career for the past 16 years.
For those who had not yet heard the news, Chris Messick, who led the Promontory Sales Team for the past six years, has accepted another great opportunity as a regional brokerage president over Utah, Colorado and Idaho overseeing sales teams. We express our deep gratitude to Chris for his many years of service at Promontory. We wish him every success and happiness.
Christmas Tree Pick up
Help support the boys & girls of Park City Lacrosse Team! Avoid the after-holiday hassle of hauling away your tree by having a Park City lacrosse player pick up your tree and drop it off at a local recycling center.
Pick Up Dates:
Saturday, December 30th & Sunday, December 31st
Saturday, January 6th & Sunday, December 7th
Saturday, January 13th
Cost (Tax Deductible Donation):
$40 per tree
Trees over 10 ft. – $50 per tree
Early Season 2023 Ski Shuttle Service
To Park City Mountain Departing from the Shed Clubhouse
7:45 9:30 10:45 12:15
Leaving The Slopes Departing From Park City Mountain Lodge
11:30 1:00 2:30 4:00
Booking for our Promontory ski shuttles is now automated! To book a complimentary ride on a Promontory Ski Shuttle, please use the Promontory App. See below instructions.
- Changes or cancellations can be made up to 1 hour prior to departure.
- A $25/person no-show fee applies.
- Deer Valley shuttles begin December 2nd
- Additional shuttle times to be added beginning December 21st
- Questions? Call Concierge at 435-333-4000
Weekly Card Game Schedule
Tuesday at 1:30 pm in the Dye Library
Wednesday at 2:00 pm in the Dye Library
Friday at 2:00 pm in the Dye Library
Beginners welcome, reservations not required.
Mobility Stretch Sessions and
Pilates Reformer Sessions
Sign up now for private Mobility Stretch Sessions and Pilates Reformer Sessions. Relieve tightness, Move better and Get ready for Ski Season! Work on mobility and pliability for better movement, performance and faster recovery.
Contact Marisa Ball our Fitness Director and she will set you up with one of our Stretch specialists or Pilates instructors for a private session.
Holiday Dining Policy
In order to best serve our members, the following holiday dining policies are in place for the We ask that you review them prior to making a reservation for one of these high demand evenings: holiday period (December 19th – January 6th).
Kids' Club 4-12 December Camps
Tuesday – Saturday | 9am – 4pm
*Ice skating or tubing every afternoon — weather permitting
TUESDAYS | Snowman Camp – Crafts, games, & activities all involving snowmen!
WEDNESDAYS | Winter Science Days – Hands on science fun during winter!
THURSDAYS | Painting Days – Use paint in many different forms!
FRIDAYS | Snowshoes & Ice Skates – Enjoy time outside during the winter!