The Week Of September 28th
Featured Events and Upcoming Activities!
All the letters from our GM, Robin Milne are available on the
home page on our Member Website & the homepage of The ForTees App.
Click the link below to login and view them.
New This Week
Holiday Calendar Coming Soon
Recycle Utah visited Promontory on Wednesday, September 23rd for an Education and Libations. Owners & Members had questions about glass and compost. Below are a few private collection companies that Recycle Utah recommended.
- Curbside Compost: Spoil to Soil – https://ww2.spoiltosoil.org/
- Curbside Glass Bins: Momentum Recycling – https://utah.momentumrecycling.com/parkcity/
- Extra Curbside Recycling Bin through Republic Services – https://www.republicservices.com/residents/recycling
- Recyclops – https://recyclops.com/
Dress Code Reminder
The following dress code is to be observed in the dining rooms.
We request collared shirts with sleeves for gentlemen and blouses for women. Slacks, shorts, dresses, or skirts of mid-thigh length are considered appropriate dining attire as well as jeans or denim pants. No headwear may be worn in The Peak or The Hearth Grille dining rooms after 5:00 pm. Flip flops are not permitted in either dining room.
Your comfort is a priority; however, we would like to maintain the elegance of our club dining experience.
Kids' Cabin October Camps
The Kids’ Cabin
Tuesday – Saturday | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
AM Sessions & PM Sessions are available
(24 kids per session – 3 small groups of 8)
Tuesdays – Book Club Camp
Read, share, & make your own books!
Wednesdays – Craft Camp
Craft it up with a variety of projects and materials to choose from.
Thursday – Science Days
Experiment, learn, & explore! Hands-on science fun!
Friday – Lego Mania
A day full of Lego!
Halloween Spooky Adventure Trail
Saturday, October 24th | 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
More details to come!
Contact Britney Vernon at (435) 333- 4050 to reserve your spot.
In Case You Missed It
Hearth Is Now Open
Wednesday – Friday | 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
The Peak (Dinner Service)
Saturday – Monday | 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Closed Tuesday – Friday
19th Lounge (Lunch Service)
Wednesday – Monday | 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
Monday – Saturday | 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Sunday | 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Reservation Office Hours
Open Daily | 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Contact the reservations office at (435) 333-4004 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your reservation.
QR Code Dining Menus
We are switching to QR Code Menus tomorrow, September 15th.
You’ll find the code on your table at The Shed, The Peak & The Hearth.
How to Scan a QR code with your iPhone
- Open the Camera app from the Home screen, Control Center, or Lock screen.
- Select the rear-facing camera. Hold your device so that the QR code appears in the viewfinder in the Camera app. Your device recognizes the QR code and shows a notification.
- Tap the notification to open the link associated with the QR code.
How to scan a QR code with your Android
- Open your Camera app and point it steadily for 2-3 seconds towards the QR Code you want to scan.
- Tap the notification to open the link associated with the QR code.
For more information about scanning QR codes and what they are. Please click the link below.
Get Ready For Ski Season
We are entering a new season of ‘play’ under Covid19 restrictions, so we ask that you go with the flow and understand that we are trying to balance easy access and maximum Member use of our Lodges given capacity and protocol constraints. Please participate at your own risk and know that we have your health and safety as our primary concern.
We will open the season with the following guidance, and we will evaluate as the ski season progresses to see if we need to make changes. we would like to thank the 6-Member Covid19 Task Force for helping inform many of these decisions.
Promontory Ski and Snowboard Lodge OPS – Winter 20/21:
- Runs as usual – schedule set by Joe Ellis and published in The Wire throughout ski season
- Pick up/Drop off is in front of the Ranch Club
- Masks REQUIRED throughout transit
- Windows open, weather permitting – fan/heat turned on during transit
- Touchpoints on shuttles disinfected at each drop-off
- 24-hr advance reservations may be made through the Concierge
- Limit of 4 passengers per Member number
- Max 11 passengers per shuttle (normal capacity)
Lodge Capacity at any single point in time (limited by Covid19):
- Alpine Lodge at Deer Valley – 35 people
- PC Lodge – 60 people
Planned Opening Dates:
- Alpine Lodge at Deer Valley:
- Equipment DROP-OFF day is Friday, Dec. 4, 2020, from 8 AM to 5 PM
- Opening day is Saturday, Dec. 5, 2020
- PC Lodge:
- Equipment DROP-OFF day is Thursday, Nov. 19, 2020, from 8 AM to 5 PM
- Opening day is Friday, Nov. 20, 2020
- Date to begin reserving season storage and lockers is at our Welcome to Ski Season Member Mixer on Thursday, October 15th – Double Deer – 5 PM to 6:30 PM
Get Your Flu Shot at Promontory
Wednesday, October 14th
9:00 am – 11:30 am
The Outfitter’s Cabin
Promontory is hosting a Flu Shot Clinic! The clinic is open to all Members and their families.
Complimentary to individuals that have an accepted insurance plan (click the link below to see if your insurance covers flu shots), or $35 cash price without insurance.
RSVP to our Human Resources Department with the following:
- Your Name
- Number of Flu Shots that will be needed (All individuals receiving a shot must be at least 6 months or older.)
- Your preferred time between 9:00 am & 11:30 am
HR will respond with a confirmation and a time that you can attend the clinic for your shot. Please bring your insurance card and a picture ID with you.
We’ll have two types of flu vaccines available. Consult with your medical provider for guidance on which vaccine is best for you:
- Quadrivalent – an inactivated vaccine (containing killed virus) that is given with a needle, usually in the arm. The quadrivalent flu shot is approved for use in people older than 6 months, including healthy people and people with chronic medical conditions.
- High Dose Quadrivalent (4-Strain) Flu Shot: a high-dose flu vaccine approved for people 65 and older, Fluzone High-Dose vaccine contains four times the amount of antigen (the part of the vaccine that prompts the body to make antibody) contained in regular flu vaccines. The additional antigen is intended to create a stronger immune response(more antibody) in the person getting the vaccine.
The New SLC International Airport
The first phase is now open! it includes a new terminal, parking garage, and more!
Click the link below to explore the new SLC!
Be sure to download the SLC Airport App for maps, flight schedules, wait times & updates!
Promontory Book Club October Meet-Up
Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi
Wednesday, October 21st at 5:30 pm
The Shed Amphitheater (Weather Permitting)
Learn more about Transcendent Kingdom by clicking the link below.
Contact Donna Gordon at (435) 714-9635 or email below, if you have any questions.
Game Day At The Shed Monday Night Football
Join us each week for Monday Night Football at The Shed. Cheer on your favorite teams and rep their gear for complimentary chips & salsa!
Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Baltimore Ravens
Game begins at 6:15 pm MT
Monday, October 5th
Atlanta Falcons Vs. Green Bay Packers
Game Begin at 6:15 MT
Monday, October 12th
LA Chargers Vs. New Orleans Saints
Game Begin at 6:15 MT
Find out when your favorite team is playing!
Thursday – Sunday | 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Closed Monday – Wednesday
Our best-selling package is back for good and a permanent item on the menu! Indulge with a dual treatment, to leave you blissfully pampered from head to toe.
- 80 Minute Signature Massage
- 50 Minute Hydration Facial $290 ($45 savings)
Receive 10% Off
- All Zents products
- Image Skincare’s – IMask, IPrime, & IBeauty Products
Contact The Spa at (435) 333-4210 or click the link below to book your treatment today!
Checking in required at The Ranch Clubhouse and The Shed.
Please have your phone ready to scan in before walking into any of the above amenities. Please remember that we are confirming that your name and photo match your QR code and that your waiver is signed!
Please be sure that everyone in your membership has the waiver signed in their name.
If you have any further questions about The updated club waiver, please contact Jordyn Cosgrove, Assistant Membership Director.
Get Outside With Our Outfitter
Join us outside with SMALL group-led programs! (no more than 14 people).
View the schedule below:
Sundays | 10:30 am – 11:30 am
Guided Mountain Biking
Monday | 10:30 am – 11:30 am
Tuesday | 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
Guided Mountain Biking
Wednesday | 10:30 am – 11:30 am
Thursday| 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
Fly Casting at Mountain Garden Pond
Friday| 10:30 am & 1:30 am
Max 4 people on the dock
Face Mask & gloves required
Please bring your own fishing pole & equipment
Guided Bike Ride on The Rail Trail
Saturday | 10:30 am (2-3 hours)
Meet & Play Pickleball
Thursday | 9:00 am – 11:00 am
Soccer Field Pickleball Courts
All levels welcome – reservations not required.
Virtual WERQ! Dance Fitness In The Comfort of Your Home
Now on Wednesdays at 9:00 am MT Via Kirsten’s Facebook Page
Get ready to dance and get fit in your own home – With WERQ Dance Fitness!
Instructor Kirsten is offering LIVE WERQ classes Tuesdays & Thursdays at 9:00 am MST via her Facebook page.
These classes are LIVE ONLY and will not be posted after because of music licensing.
Download the fitness schedule below!
Please bring your own mats to Yoga, Pilates, and Sculp & Tone Classes. If you don’t have a mat, you can purchase a basic gym mat from us for $25.
Please note that all classes excluding Virtual WERQ! requires a reservation.
Classes are limited to 14 people.
Contact the Concierge to book your reservation!
Summit County Health Order
Face Covering Required
As of midnight Friday, June 26th, all of Summit County is under new Health Orders.
What this means to us at our PRIVATE Club is the following:
- Masks will be REQUIRED to enter any of our INDOOR amenities.
- Masks may only be removed while seated for dining or while engaged in strenuous fitness activities. In the case of fitness, you must also have at least a 10-foot distance from any other person in the fitness area while you are un-masked.
- If attending any outdoor venues, please wear a mask in and out of the venue while checking in, and then as long as you have 6 ft of physical distance, you may enjoy the outdoor venue without a mask.
Read the official notice below
Ranch Club Pool & Hot Tub
Ranch Clubhouse Pool and Hot Tub
Open Daily | 6:00 am – 7:00 pm
Reservations are no longer required for the family pool first come first serve, limited to 50 or less.
Please remember to check in with The Concierge desk if you are using the pool.
Please Note: Hot Tubs are limited to 3 people at a time. Water bottles will not be available, please bring your own.
Read the General Promontory Pool & Water Slide Rules below.
Because we will not be offering foodservice this season at The Hot Spot Cafe, the rule about no coolers is being waived this summer. We ask the cooler sizes be kept to 12 quart or 12-liter sizes, nothing larger, and still ask that no alcoholic
beverages be brought to the club facility. A typical 12-quart cooler would have the dimensions of 13” Wide by 10” Deep by 10” High. No glass will be allowed in the coolers or on the pool decks.