The Week Of April 4, 2022
Our weekly newsletter for all things Promontory!
- The Shed will be closed from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm on Thursday, April 7th for staff training. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Deer Valley has announced their line up for the 2022 Deer Valley Music festival. Please stay tuned for more information on discounted tickets.
Village Clubhouse, Pool, & Playground Refresh
The planned remodel work at the Village Clubhouse, pool and playground is scheduled to begin this week. We will continue to post updates as the work commences. Due to the nature of construction, there may be some modifications to the schedule below. We will do all we can to keep as much open as possible during construction. A few important items to note:
- The adult lap pool is scheduled to open early for the season on Monday, April 11th (currently being replastered).
- The Village family pool and hot tubs will close this Saturday, April 9th and will be closed for approximately 6 weeks to allow for replastering, construction of new atrium support beams, atrium work including the installation of the new Nanowall system, and refinish of the wood work.
- The locker rooms will be under construction for two weeks beginning April 18th. New plumbing fixtures, shower tile, and swimsuit spinners are being installed. The family restroom downstairs as well as the men’s and women’s restrooms upstairs will remain open during construction.
- The weight room will be closed for 3 days from April 19th – 21st for work on the ceiling beams.
- The Kids’ Club playground is being re-done with new equipment and a new surface in early May. In preparation for that installation, the existing equipment will be removed and the site prepared beginning this week. Please pardon our dust! It is going to be a wonderful new upgrade for our Promontory Kids.
We tried to time these important upgrades during “mud season” – between end of ski season and Memorial Day – so as to disrupt as little club usage as possible. Thanks for your patience as we work to keep our amenities in top shape for our members.
Happening This Week
Spanish Tapas & Wine Dinner at The Hearth
Wednesday, April 6th
$150++ per person
Join us at The Hearth for a unique Spanish-themed tapas dinner and wine tasting!
View the menu below.
Please RSVP with The Hearth Manager, Heath Blackerby.
Uwined with Special Guest Aspen Andonda
Friday, April 8th
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm | The Outfitter’s Cabin
$145 ++ per person
Unwined with Promontory for a night of wine tasting & food pairings from ‘Down Under’, and an intimate performance by our musical guest, Aspen Andonda.
New This Week
Meet The Team - Employee Spotlight
Bruno Araujo, Food & Beverage Manager
We are excited to introduce the newest member of our Promontory food and beverage team, Bruno Araujo. Bruno was born in Brazil and grew up working in the entertainment industry from a young age. He received a degree in Public Relations in Brazil and moved to Park City in 2001. For the last 20 years, Bruno has worked in the hospitality industry in Park City at luxury resorts such as Stein Eriksen, St. Regis, Goldener Hirsch and Glenwild Club. Bruno has a 6-year-old son and they are proud to call Park City home. His interests include wine, food, skiing and snowboarding, road and mountain biking, camping and taking care of people.
Bruno will be splitting his time between the Shed and the Beach Club.
If you see him around property, be sure to say hello and welcome him to the Promontory family.
Indulge Your Senses at The Spa with Naturopathica Treatments
Naturopathica was founded on the belief that herbalism, naturopathic medicine, and holistic wellness should be coupled with cutting edge science to offer deeper, well-rounded beauty with the healing power of nature.
15% off 50 or 80 minute Naturopathica facials
10% off 60 or 90 minute Alpine Arnica Therapeutic massage
15% off Naturopathica Body Rituals
10% off Naturopathica products
Enjoy our limited Spa menu at the Lavender Spa at Double Deer between April 21st – April 30th, while the Village Spa and Clubhouse are being renovated.
A limited menu will be available during this time.
To book your treatment, contact the Spa at (435) 333-4210 or email below.
In Case You Missed It
Education & Libations
Youth Sports Alliance and USA Track & Field Foundation
Wednesday, April 13th | 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
The Studio at The Shed
Join us for Education & Libations with the
Youth Sports Alliance and USA Track & Field Foundation.
Enjoy a drink and learn about what the Youth Sports Alliance does for our community & how you can become involved and hear from three Track & Field Olympians!
Meet the speakers!
Raevyn began running when she was 5 years old for Wings Track Club, and still holds 4 track records at her high school. She majored in fine arts with a focus in mixed media and is a talented painter who hopes to one day be able to display paintings her professionally.
Craig is known for his trademark mullet and mustache in the track world. He owns a vintage RV that he and his friends take road trips across the country with.
Paul originally came to the U.S. to compete in track at the collegiate level. He joined the U.S. Army and the World Class Athlete Program in 2014. He aspires to become a water treatment specialist in Kenya and establish a water treatment plant in his native country.
RSVP below or by contacting the reservations office at (435) 333-4004.
End of Ski Season Lodge Update
With the end of the ski season approaching, we want to remind everyone to pick up your skis, boots, and any items stored in your locker at the end of the season. Both Lodges are scheduled to close on Sunday, April 17th and we ask that all members’ gear be picked up from storage by April 17th.
If you are unable to pick up your gear by April 17th, the lodges will be open from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm through Sunday, April 25th and ALL ski and snowboard and personal belongings must be cleared by then.
Easter Brunch at Promontory
Sunday, April 17th at Double Deer
Time slots available 10:00 am, 12:00 pm & 2:00 pm
$86 for Adults | $36 for Children
Hop on over to Double Deer to celebrate Easter!
Brunch will be served buffet style. View the menu below.
Tables are rounds of 10 and you may dine with other families.
Reservations are required.
Contact Reservations at (435) 333-4004 or click the link below.
Kids' Club 4-12 April Camps & Activities
Tuesdays: Spring STEAM
Spring themed STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts & Math) challenges.
Wednesday: Photography Days
Discover spring through the eye of a lens!
Thursday: Creation Camp
Use objects found around the cabin to make your own artistic pieces
Fridays: Cooking Camp
Calling all chefs! Learn new recipes and make your own recipe book.
Check out all the upcoming camps & activities below.
For any questions and to sign up, contact Britney Staples at
(435) 333-4050 or click the link below.
2022 Book of Golf
We have updated our BOOK of GOLF!
Everything you need to know about the Promontory golf experience.
Read the 2022 Book of Golf below!
Golf Tee Times
Tee times and tournament sign-ups for the 2022 Golf Season are now open.
Online tee times can be made from the Member Site or the Promontory App.
When booking a tee time on the Promontory App, please enter all names of Members and Guests in your group.
Tee time restrictions to keep in mind:
- When booking a tee time on the Promontory App, please enter all names of Members and Guests in your groupTee time restrictions to keep in mind:
- Memberships may have up to 8 tee times scheduled at any one time and up to 4 tee times in one week.
- As is customary with mature golf communities, tee times that are booked as a single, twosome or threesome are likely to be paired with other members looking to play at a similar time. Take this opportunity to get to know your fellow members and make some new golf friends!
- In the event that a Member makes a tee time and “No Shows” that tee time, that Member will be charged 4,18-hole cart fees ($100). The next time that Member “No Shows” a tee time, that Member will be unable to book advanced tee times. Please be courteous and cancel in advance so that those tee times will be available to your fellow members and do not get wasted.
Tournament sign-ups for the 2022 Golf Season are now open.
Sign up via Golf Genius below.
Golf Fitness Personal Training
Session with Garrett
Get ready for the golf season! Garrett is a NASM certified personal trainer who specializes in golf fitness. You will improve your range of motion, flexibility, balance, and build strength.
Contact Garrett Head at (601) 520-5555 or email below to book.
Private Pilates Reformer
Session with Marisa Ball
Come find out why people love the Pilates reformer! The reformer helps develop functional and sustainable movement patterns to improve strength, flexibility, mobility, balance, and range of motion.
Contact Marisa Ball at (435) 901-9935 or email below to book.
April Hours of Operation
Alpine Lodge at Deer Valley
Open Daily | 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Closes for the season on April 17th
PC Lodge at Park City Mountain
Open Daily | 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Closes for the season on April 17th
The Village Clubhouse (formerly Ranch Clubhouse)
Open Daily | 6:00 am – 8:00 pm
(NOTE: Locker room, weight room and pool renovations will be ongoing April 9th – May 25th. Certain amenities will be unavailable during that time but the Club will keep as much of the Clubhouse open and operating during the renovations as possible. The family pool will be closed beginning April 9th but the Adult pool will be reopened by April 11th).
The Boutique (formerly Ranch Club Sports Shop)
Open Daily | 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Village Adult Pool – Opens April 11th
The Village Spa & Lavender Spa
Thursday – Sunday | 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Reservation Desk at Double Deer
Open Daily | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday – Saturday | 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Closed Sunday & Monday
Closed April 10th – April 18th
Open on Sunday, April 24th
Wednesday – Sunday | 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Closed Monday & Tuesday
Closed April 18th – April 26th
The Shed – Open Daily
7:00 am – 11:00 am | Full Breakfast
11:00 am – 12:00 pm | Small Bites Menu
12:00 pm – 9:00 pm | Lunch & Dinner Service
9:00 pm – 10:00 pm | Small Bites Menu
Shed Lanes (Bowling alley)
Open Daily | 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
Lane reservations recommended
Kids’ Club 4-12
(formerly the Kids’ Kinnikinnick Cabin)
Tuesday – Saturday | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Open Daily | 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
Movie Nights at The Shed Cinema
Daily Showings at 2:00 pm, 4:30 pm, & 7:00 pm
Ask a Shed Server for complimentary popcorn.
Indoor Activities at The Shed
Enjoy great Winter programming offerings in the Shed Sports Court: we are excited to offer select times for both indoor pickleball and indoor volleyball, along with our fitness classes. Please refer to the following schedule which will be posted weekly in The Wire for easy reference.
You can download the schedule below.
Dining at Promontory
Reservation Office Hours
Open Daily | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Contact the reservations office at (435) 333-4004 or email them here to book your reservation.
We welcome walk-in dining in our outlets and do our best to accommodate with available space. Please call ahead if you have a large party (8 or more) so we may better prepare for your arrival and avoid any delays in accommodating you.
Shed Reservation Policy
In an effort to manage our holiday usage, we implemented some temporary reservation guidelines at The Shed. Thanks for your cooperation and patience. After reviewing typical member use patterns and evaluating how to best serve our members with the greatest opportunity to dine, we have updated and simplified our Shed reservation guidelines as follows:
Please make a reservation for parties of 8 or more. All other parties will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis. Please contact Shed Manager at (435) 333-4608 for parties of 15 or more.
View The Menus Below:
- Click Here for The Shed Menus
- Click Here for The Peak Menus
- Click Here for The Hearth Menu
No Corkage Fee Nights
- The Hearth – No corkage fee is Tuesday
- The Peak – No corkage fee is Wednesday
Hearth & Peak Restaurant Reservation Cancellation Policy
- Cancellations need to be made either by using the Promontory App or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations are accepted up to 12:00 pm on the day of the reservation.
- Reservations can only be honored up to 20 minutes past the reservation time.
- A No-Show fee of $25 per person up to $100 will be applied to your member account if the reservation is not canceled and no one from your group comes to the restaurant at the time of the reservation.
Grab & Go Breakfast at The Shed
Stop in before your day on the slopes to grab a breakfast burrito or breakfast sandwich, all for $8. Customizable with bacon, sausage, or no meat. Breakfast and complimentary coffee/tea are available daily from 7:00 am – 11:00 am.
Dining Dress Code
The following dress code is to be observed in the dining rooms. We request collared shirts (regular or banded) with sleeves or a nice sweater/dress turtleneck or mock neck for gentlemen and blouses for women when dining in the Hearth Grill or The Peak. Slacks, shorts, dresses, or skirts of mid-thigh length are considered appropriate dining attire as well as jeans or denim pants. No headwear may be worn in The Peak or The Hearth Grille dining rooms after 5:00 pm. Dress Hats when part of the ensemble will be permitted. Flip flops are not permitted in either dining room. Your comfort is a priority; however, we would like to maintain the elegance of our club dining experience.