The Week Of December 7
Featured Events and Upcoming Activities!
Happening This Week
GENTLE FRIENDLY REMINDERS
In the spirit of being good, responsible, law-abiding members, we kindly remind everyone of a few important issues that continue to be raised by your fellow members with Promontory Management.
- PLEASE be diligent in wearing your masks at all times in public spaces as required by the current state law. This includes our ski lodges and restaurants when not actively eating or drinking. Please don’t make our dedicated Promontory staff remind you to wear them.
- PLEASE do not access Promontory amenities if you are sick or in quarantine for COVID. Further, if you test positive for COVID and have recently accessed a Promontory amenity or been in close contact with a fellow member, we urge you to follow state-mandated contact tracing guidelines and notify the affected parties. If you would like to confidentially notify Promontory management as well, we will confidentially alert our membership so they are aware of the potential exposure in the affected amenity building.
- PLEASE comply with our Promontory CC&Rs and keep all dogs on leash except on the designated off-leash trails. Even if you think your dog is “harmless,” fellow members may not appreciate your pet running loose and could feel unsafe. Also, off-leash animals are continuing to cause a problem with dog waste on property that their owners might not even be aware of. Please help us keep our property free of dog waste and PLEASE dispose of your dog waste bags.
- PLEASE continue to register all your incoming guests, service workers, or house staff ahead of time through your ForeTees App. The details of our new gate policy are included in the “In Case You Missed It” section of this newsletter.
Thank you so much, and your fellow members will also thank you. We need to work together to keep our club members safe and our amenities as open as possible.
Holiday Cooking Class with Chef Ashley Thompson Hook
Saturday, December 12th
Equestrian center Lounge | 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
$85 ++ Per Person
Please note: This is class is fully booked
Join Chef Ashley Thompson Hook from our Hearth Grille and learn tips, tricks and recipes for a winter meal. Winter cocktails & wine are included!
What you’ll be Making:
- Cranberry Orange Vinaigrette
- Rosemary Focaccia Bread
- Roasted Root Vegetable Gratin
- Molten Dark Chocolate Cake
- Salted Vanilla Bean Gelato
Masks are required unless actively eating or drinking.
New This Week
A Note From Your Mailman
Happy Holidays Promontory Mail Patrons,
Due to the increase in mail and packages because of COVID19 and with the holidays, mail has already been coming in at record numbers. To ensure that everyone can receive their mail on time it is crucial that everyone pick up their mail every day to every other day. This is to make sure there are sufficient open parcel lockers. During this time of year, we will be removing any parcels that have been sitting for 3 days to be picked up at the post office and be held for 15 days. There will be no re-delivery for these packages.
If you are going out of town for less than 30 days put in a HOLD REQUEST. If you are going out of town for more than 30 days put in a temporary forward. Also, all key requests are up to date and are ready for pick up at the post office. Thank you all for your help.
Santa at The Shed
Friday, December 18
4:00 pm-6:00 pm at The Shed
Get your photo with Santa Claus this holiday season!
Reservations are required. We will have time slots in 20-minute increments with 10 reservations per slot.
Please contact Britney Vernon to book your time slot.
Support Local This Holiday Season!
Promontory Member & Photographer, Jeff Jordan donated some of his work to the Promontory Foundation. You can view his work The Shed!
All proceeds benefit The Promontory Foundation.
Please contact Nicole Rizika at (435) 333-4202 or email below for more details or to purchase prints.
In Case You Missed It
Promontory Book Club
Just Like You by Nick Hornby
Wednesday, December 16th at 5:30 pm
Keep an eye out for the Zoom Meeting Link!
Click below to learn more about Just Like You by Nick Hornby
Contact Donna Gordon at (435) 714-9635 or email below, if you have any questions.
Slide into Winter at The Luke Ridge Tubing Hill
The Luke Ridge Tubing Hill opens Friday, December 18th
Noon-5:00 pm (Weather Permitting)
We are excited to announce that beginning this winter season, tubing for owners and members will be included as part of your monthly dues!
All owners can be issued a season pass for each member of their household (household includes immediate family members). To get your season pass, you’ll need to fill out tubing hill waiver (link below), then head to the Reservations Desk at the Nicklaus Clubhouse to have your picture taken for your Tubing Hill season pass. Please note that passes are non-transferable and will be revoked with unauthorized use. We cannot allow any member, owner or guest to use the tubing hill without a signed tubing hill waiver in place.
You may continue to invite your guests. Fees for guest use will still apply.
- $14 for minors or $100 for 10 punch pass
- $22 for adults or $150 for 10 punch pass
Ice Skating Rink
The Ice Skating Rink at the Ranch Club House will open (weather permitting) Saturday, December 5th! You’ll be able to rent ice skates from the Concierge or bring your own!
Due to social distancing limitations, we will not be opening the Hot Spot Café this winter for dining, but we will open the doors for a quick warm-up spot during ice skating hours. During our holiday weeks, please join us for complimentary hot chocolate, tea, or apple cider.
Open Daily | 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
For your safety, we ask that you please put your skates on next to the ice rink. It is dangerous to walk down the wood stairs/cement.
Stuff Your Stockings
December Spa Specials
Purchase a Gift Card of $100 or more and receive a complimentary gift of your choice from the following.
Tennis ball & bouncy ball to roll out knots, tight muscles, and plantar fasciitis
Image skincare sample set with a sheet mask
On The Mend Balm in a .25 ounce tin
End of year savings
Image, Zents & Red Flower Retail
Between 10%-30% off select products
Please contact The Spa to request an appointment.
Call at (435) 333-4210 or click the link below to book your treatment.
Promontory Kids' Cabin
Kids’ Cabin Hours
Tuesday – Saturday | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Tuesdays – Creation Camp
Use objects found in the cabin to make your own artistic pieces!
Wednesdays – Camp Igloo
All things ice!
Thursdays – Winter Science Days
Hands-on science fun during winter!
Fridays – Snowman Camp
Snow much fun!
Contact Britney Vernon at (435) 333-4050 to reserve your spot.
Fitness Classes at The Nickalus Fitness Studio
Flow Yoga with Wendy
Sundays at 9:00 am
TRX with Thea/Marisa
Tuesdays & Thursdays at 10:30 am
Aerial Yoga with Wendy
Saturdays at 9:00 am
Please note that classes are limited to 6 Members. (FULL Members Only)
Contact the Concierge to book your reservation.
While we have limited capacity (6 members) in classes and the fitness room at the Nicklaus with Covid restrictions, we will no longer allow accompanied or unaccompanied guest use of the facility. Only FULL MEMBERS may make reservations and participate in the classes at the Nicklaus studio and workout in the fitness room.
Fitness at The Ranch Club House
Download the fitness schedule below!
Please bring your own mats to Yoga, Pilates, and Sculpt & Tone Classes.
Classes are limited to 10 people. Due to limited class size, we have implemented a 3 strike rule. Please be sure to cancel your reservation in advance if you are unable to make it.
Please note that all classes except Virtual WERQ! require a reservation.
Contact the Concierge to book your reservation.
Gym Reservations Reminder
To maintain the social distancing required during the pandemic we will continue with the reservation program initiated earlier this year for the fitness facilities. Please continue to make reservations. If you do not have a reservation and desire to come in for a workout on the spur of the moment please call the concierge for availability and the staff will get you into the first available slot. If you have a reservation and want to start your workout a little early, make a quick call to the concierge desk and they will again do their best to accommodate you.
The Shed Court Now Open For Reservations
The Shed basketball court is now available for Member reservations for their household. Beginning this Wednesday, reservations will open up on ForeTees. Each Wednesday reservations will open up for the following week. All reservations will be one-hour slots.
Monday, Thursday, Saturday 12:00 pm-8:00 pm
Tuesday, Friday, Sunday 12:00 pm-8:00 pm and Wednesday 5:00 pm-8:00 pm
- Members must bring their own balls/racquets.
- Basketball reservations are limited to single household use at this time.
- 15 min grace period, after which the reservation will be forfeited and available for walk-ins.
- No more than two-time slots may be booked by a member household in one day.
- Please be courteous and do not reserve excess time slots that you will not use. Please call ahead to cancel within 24 hours if unable to make a reservation.
Utah Health Update
The State of Emergency Order is in effect until midnight, tonight.
Summit County will move back to the High Transmission Level Index.
Key points you should know:
- Social gatherings of 10 or fewer are permitted. Masks are required under the existing Face-Covering Ordinance in Summit County.
- Restaurants & Bars: 6 feet between parties at all times (including waiting areas and when seated).
- 6 feet of physical distancing between household groups. The exception to 6 feet physical distancing between household groups can be requested through county executives in consultation with the local health officer.
- Exceptions may be reviewed every 14 days. Due to the high risk of transmission at this level, exceptions will be rare and are strongly discouraged.
- When does a county change levels?
- Changes from a higher transmission level to a lower transmission level may occur every 14 days at a minimum when thresholds are met.
- Promontory’s amenities continue to be open and operating under the existing protocols.
You may access the State’s full health guidance by clicking below.
In response to the state of pandemic and to better monitor access to the community, the Conservancy’s Board of Directors has approved a change to public access through the gates. The gates will “close” at 7:00 pm. At that time, members of the public (i.e., not visiting a specific owner, not an approved vendor, just wanting to drive through) wishing to enter the community would be turned away. When gates are “open” (6:00 am-7:00 pm), members of the public wanting to drive through will be entered into a log with name and vehicle information and issued a pass to travel through to the other gate only.
During all hours, legitimate guests will be allowed access if a pass has been created by an owner-host or if the host can be contacted by telephone when the guest is at the gate. If the host cannot be contacted, the guest would be turned away. Gate staff will continue to follow protocol for real estate visitors to ensure limited disruption of showings.
As such, it is extremely important for Promontory owners to do two things:
- Please enter a pass in ForeTees for ALL guests ahead of their arrival. (See instructions below)
- Please provide a good phone number so you can be contacted if a pass has not been entered. Guests will be turned away if you cannot be contacted.
To add or update a phone number, please submit it to:
- The Conservancy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Logan Finlayson at email@example.com
- Joe Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy is enacted for both the Main Gate and the Equestrian Gate. Construction gate access will continue to operate as-is. The Board is hopeful this change will limit the people in Promontory to those with business in the community.
Guest Registration through the ForeTees App
- Open the app and scroll to “Guest & Visitor Pass”
- Once you tap the image it’ll take you to where you can create a guest pass
- Fill the form out and submit it
Owners That Are Not Members:
- Go to https://members.promontoryclub.com/.
- Username – Sign in using your legal lot ID (Example: HSD-5)
- Password – Your last name with the first letter capitalized (Example: Smith)
- You’ll be able to change your username and password after your first log in
- Once you are logged in, you’ll see a menu on the left side. Click on “Gate & Visitor Pass” and create the pass.
If you have any issues or questions about logging in, please contact Joe Ellis
Shuttle Pick Up & Breakfast Now at The Shed!
We are excited to announce that daily breakfast service and ski shuttle service will be offered at The Shed for this winter season. Moving our breakfast from The Hot Spot Café to The Shed will allow for far greater seating capacity and better social distancing for dining. Member parking for the shuttles will be improved at The Shed parking lot as well. Our Mercantile store will also be open for business during the morning hours in case you need to grab some hand warmers or a snack. After your ski day is complete, unwind at The Shed for some Après-ski drinks and appetizers.
Breakfast & Apres-Ski at The Shed
Breakfast at The Shed
Available Daily from 7:00 am – 11:00 am
Complimentary Coffee & Tea until 11:00 am.
Breakfast & Après-Ski Drinks will be available for purchase.
Check out the menu below.
2020-2021 Season Shuttle Service
- Please contact the Concierge at (435) 333-4000 to make a reservation within 24 hours of your desired date.
- For return shuttles, please contact the Lodge staff of your desired departure time.
- The shuttle will run as usual – on the hour and on the half-hour.
- Pick up/Drop off is in front of The Shed.
- Masks REQUIRED throughout transit.
- Windows open, weather permitting – fan/heat turned on during transit.
- Touchpoints on shuttles disinfected at each drop-off.
- Limit of 4 passengers per Member number (consistent with prior season).
- Max 11 passengers per shuttle (normal capacity).
Download the schedule below.
Our goal is for everyone to enjoy the convenience of the Ski Lodges, have plenty of time to ski, and be able to warm-up with some hot soup midday. Please be considerate of fellow members also hoping to enjoy the lodges, especially during this pandemic where capacity and social distancing is being managed. Try and keep your gear pick up and drop off visits brief when capacity is high to allow others the opportunity to do the same.
- We will manage lodge capacity at the door.
- A warm waiting area has been created outside.
- No more than 2 accompanied guests during non-black-out times.
- Hourly headcount logged to keep capacity in check
- We will valet your boots and equipment to you outside if you don’t want to wait for a spot to open up inside the Lodge.
Etiquette & Basic Operations
- For your best experience, kindly call ahead to the PC Lodge or Alpine Lodge and let them you’ll be coming so they can get your skis valeted and ready to go. Our lodge concierges can also let you know about anticipated capacity during peak times. New phone numbers for both lodges are provided below.
- Check-in is facilitated with the ForeTees App QR code. Waiver signing is required prior to entry. Both of these can be found in the ForeTees app.
- NO guests during black-out dates.
- Members/Guests must wear masks in the Lodges except when sitting and eating (restaurant rules).
- Communication is key. Please let the Lodge staff know what your plans are for the day so they can anticipate peak times. Please give our staff a courteous “good-bye” wave when you are exiting the Lodge.
PC Lodge at Park City Mountain
PC Lodge Hours
Open Daily from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
New Phone: (435) 962-9915
Storage & Lockers
PC Lodge Seasonal Ski and Snowboard storage & Full-Sized lockers are SOLD OUT for the season. Equipment and half lockers will be available for daily and weekly storage.
Alpine Lodge at Deer Valley
Alpine Lodge Hours
Open Daily from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
New Phone: (435) 962-9901
Storage & Lockers
Alpine Lodge seasonal lockers have SOLD OUT for the season. We’ll have daily and weekly lockers available.
Get Ready for Ski Season! Tips from our Outfitter, Sean Smith
Promontory members, ski season is upon us and I hope you’re as excited as I am!
A few things to think about this month before we hit the slopes:
- Get all your equipment out now and make sure it’s in good working condition.
- If you need any work on your skis, boots, and bindings, now is the time.
- To prep physically for the ski season make sure you work on your flexibility, core strength, and leg strength. You can work on your legs either in the gym with weights (light weights are OK with high reps), or you can do bodyweight squats lunges and single-leg squats.
- Be sure to focus on your hamstrings, because those hammies are what’s going to save your knees throughout the season.
Ski Days with Sean begin in December!
- Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday at Deer Valley
- Thursday & Saturday at Park City Mountain
If you have any questions on anything ski-related, please reach out to Sean Smith and he will make sure you’re ready for a safe, fun, and incredible ski season!
Dining at Promontory
QR Code Dining Menus
We’ve switched to digital menus! You’ll find the code on your table at The Shed, The Peak & The Hearth
- How to Scan a QR code with your iPhone
Open the Camera app from the Home screen, Control Center, or Lock screen.
- Select the rear-facing camera. Hold your device so that the QR code appears in the viewfinder in the Camera app. Your device recognizes the QR code and shows a notification.
- Tap the notification to open the link associated with the QR code.
How to scan a QR code with your Android
- Open your Camera app and point it steadily for 2-3 seconds towards the QR Code you want to scan.
- Tap the notification to open the link associated with the QR code.
Click below for more information about scanning QR codes and what they are.
Hours of Operation
Reservation Office Hours
Open Daily | 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Contact the reservations office at (435) 333-4004 or email at email@example.com to book your reservation.
We welcome walk-in dining in our outlets and do our best to accommodate with available space. Please call ahead if you have a large party (8 or more) so we may better prepare for your arrival and avoid any delays in accommodating you.
Breakfast available 7:00 am – 11:00 am
Lunch/Dinner available 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Contact our reservation office at (435) 333-4004 to book your reservations.
To-Go Orders are available. Call The Shed at (435) 333-4622 to place your order.
Check out The Shed Menus here.
Saturday – Monday | 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Closed Tuesday – Friday
Don’t miss out on the complimentary corkage. Mondays at The Peak!
Wednesday – Friday | 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Don’t miss out on Wine Wednesdays at The Hearth! – No corkage fee
Please know that Promontory expects to verify EVERY employee’s health per shift and will be taking all necessary social distancing and PPE precautions.
Checking-In is required at The Ranch Clubhouse and The Shed.
Please have your phone ready to scan in before walking into any of the above amenities. Please remember that we are confirming that your name and photo match your QR code and that your waiver is signed!
Please be sure that everyone in your membership has the waiver signed in their name.
Membership Billing Tutorial
If you need help finding your charges on your Member Billing Statement, click here for a step-by-step tutorial! Please note that statements can only be viewed as the primary member.
If you have any questions please contact the billing department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pet Clean-Up - This is getting "ruff"
All dogs’ poop MUST be disposed of by its owner.
The Conservancy provides cleanup bags for animal waste throughout the trails system for your convenience. Please continue to use these bags and deposit them in the waste containers provided.
Thank you for respecting Promontory and your fellow Members!