The Week Of November 9th
Featured Events and Upcoming Activities!
Happening This Week
Utah State Of Emergency New Health Order
Utah Governor, Gary Herbert has declared a new state of emergency last night and issued a new Executive Order. This order is in effect as of today, Monday, November 9th and will remain in effect until Monday, November 23rd.
- Statewide Mask Mandate is now in effect
- You must wear a face mask indoors and outdoors anytime you are within 6 feet of anyone from another household. This means you must wear a face mask anytime you are around people you don’t live with.
- Customers, patrons, and employees must wear a face mask. Face mask exceptions are granted for various reasons as more fully outlined in the Order, including but not limited to the following:
- While actively eating or drinking
- While as the sole occupant of a room, cubicle, or similar enclosure
- While exercising outdoors, or while exercising indoors and maintaining at least six feet of physical distance from any other individual from a separate household
- Even after the orders issued today expire, the mask mandate will be extended for the foreseeable future.
- Casual social gatherings are only allowed with people you live with until November 23, 2020.
- This does not apply to work, school, or religious services, where masking and physical distancing are already enforced.
- You should cancel plans with extended family and friends for the next two weeks. Telework if you can.
- Businesses and restaurants are not shut down because of this, but if you go out to eat, it should only be with people from your home.
- Businesses must post signage that lists COVID-19 symptoms and face mask and physical distancing requirements.
- Event hosts must require masks of all participants.
- Restaurants will require at least 6 feet of distance between household groups or seating parties.
- Bars must close at 10 p.m.
- All school extracurricular activities, sports, and clubs are on hold for the duration of the orders.
- No organized or school-sponsored extracurricular activities, including sports and intramural events. Currently scheduled high school state playoff football games are allowed to continue with increased restrictions.
- No private, recreation, or club sports and athletic events.
- Intercollegiate sporting events are allowed due to already enforced health requirements.
- College students, who either live on campus or attend at least one in-person class per week, are required to be tested for COVID-19 weekly.
- K-12 schools are open for in-person learning.
- College and university students who live on campus or attend an in-person class will be tested for COVID-19 each week.
- Testing is encouraged to begin as soon as possible but must be implemented by the beginning of the spring semester.
You can read the official Executive Order below.
What this means for Promontory
- Dining and both outdoor and indoor fitness and recreation are still allowed but distancing is essential.
- Kids at the Kids’ Cabin should also wear masks (Under 3 years old exempt)
- November’s Member Mixer/Pie Baking Contest has been canceled due to new health order.
Upcoming Dining Hours
Closed from November 3rd to – November 10th for routine fall maintenance.
Open November 11th – November 16th | 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Open November 4th – November 9th | 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Closed from November 10th to November 17th for routine fall maintenance.
Contact the Reservations Office at (435) 333-4004 or click the below to book your reservation.
Thanksgiving Day Hours – November 26th
The Hearth – Closed
The Peak – Closed – Thanksgiving To Go Pick up at Double Deer
The Shed – 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Vinyasa Yoga with Tami
We’ve added two extra yoga classes this week! This Wednesday & This Friday at 10:15 am.
Classes are limited to 10 Members and reservations are required.
Contact the Concierge to book your reservation.
New This Week
November Spa Specials
Ranch Club Spa Hours
Thursday – Sunday | 10:00 am-6:00 pm
15% off body treatments for the month of November!
Seasonal Body Exfoliation (25 mins)
This treatment begins with a hydrating sugar and salt body polish that work together to buff the skin to perfection. This quick, invigorating treatment ends with the application of a rich infusion of shea butter and coconut oil that soothe and protect skin from the elements, leaving you soft from head to toe.
Shea Butter Quench Body Wrap (50 mins)
This treatment deeply cleanses, exfoliates, nourishes, and soothes your skin with a sugar and salt body polish to increase circulation and open pores. Then, you are enveloped in warmth with a powerful infusion of organic shea butter and nourishing coconut oil to rehydrate and restore the skin’s natural softness.
Ultimate Hand or Foot Renewal
20 mins for Hand Renewal | 25 mins for Foot Renewal
Begin your renewal by choosing either your hands OR feet to be rejuvenated. Your paws will be treated with an invigorating scrub, followed by hot towels and a massage with Zents Quench to soften and hydrate the skin.
Retail Special – 15% Off
Zents Body Oil & Concreta
Image the MAX
Contact The Spa at (435) 333-4210 or click the link below to book your treatment.
Promontory's Annual Turkey Trot
Friday, November 27th | 10:00 am-12:00 pm
The Outfitters Cabin
Hike off your Thanksgiving feast with our Outfitter, Sean Smith. Sean will be leading Promontory’s Turkey Trot! We will begin the hike at the Outfitter’s Cabin and hike on the Princess Diana trail.
In Case You Missed It
Thanksgiving Dinner To go
Let Promontory prepare your holiday feast!
$280 | Serves 6-8 Guests
Pick up at Double Deer on Thanksgiving Day between 10:00 am & 12:00 pm
Reserve your dinner with the concierge by 2:00 pm on Sunday, November 22nd. Pick up on Thanksgiving Day, November 26th at The Peak between 10:00 am & 12:00 pm
Contact Concierge at (435) 333-4000 to reserve or click the link below.
If you’d like extra for leftovers:
$22 for each side dish
$99 for a 12-14 lb Roasted Turkey & Giblet Gravy
Kids' Cabin November Camp
Kids’ Cabin Hours
Tuesday – Saturday | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Tuesdays – Animal Adventures
All things animals! Learn how animals prepare for winter.
Wednesdays – Dino Days
Discover the age of dinosaurs & hatch a dinosaur egg!
Thursdays – Art, Art, Art
Express yourself through the art of drawing, painting & more!
Fridays – Fall STEAM
Fall themed STEAM challenges!
Contact Britney Vernon at (435) 333-4050 to reserve your spot.
Tory’s Travel Adventures
Tory the Promontory Deer has recently traveled to Alabama!
Stop by the Kids’ Cabin to see the map of Tory’s Travel Adventures or pick her up for your next adventure and add to the map!
Kids' Cabin Virtual Food Drive
For the month of November, the Kids’ Cabin is hosting a Virtual Food Drive through the Utah Food Bank. Donating to the Kids’ Cabin Virtual Food Drive is easy!
Click the link below and select the items you would like Utah Food Bank to purchase on your behalf OR select the cash item to allow Utah Food Bank to utilize your donation where it’s most needed. Check out and follow the steps to enter your payment information. No need to go through your pantry or the hassle of having to visit a store.
Our goal is to raise food and supplies for the 1 in 5 Utah kids that are unsure where their next meal is coming from. With your support and Utah Food Bank’s purchasing power, we can truly make a difference in the lives of Utahns facing hunger. The Utah Food Bank can turn each $1 donated into $8.03 worth of goods and services!
If you would like to find out more about the important work that Utah Food Bank is doing, please visit their website by clicking the link below.
For those of you who would like to go through your pantry and donate physical food items, there will be a box located at the Kids’ Cabin as well as in the Ranch Clubhouse by the Concierge Desk.
For any questions regarding the Kids’ Cabin Food Drive please contact Britney at 435-333-4050.
New classes at the Nicklaus Fitness Studio!
Please note that classes are limited to 6 Members.
Flow Yoga with Wendy
Sundays at 9:00 am
TRX with Thea/Marisa
Tuesdays & Thursdays at 10:30 am
Aerial Yoga with Wendy
Saturdays at 9:00 am
Contact the Concierge to book your reservation.
Download the fitness schedule below!
Please bring your own mats to Yoga, Pilates, and Sculp & Tone Classes. If you don’t have a mat, you can purchase a basic gym mat from us for $25.
Please note that all classes excluding Virtual WERQ! requires a reservation.
Classes are limited to 10 people.
Contact the Concierge to book your reservation!
Due to limited class size, we have implemented a 3 strike rule. Please be sure to cancel your reservation in advance if you are unable to make it.
We would like to remind all members that if you have a guest/visitor coming on property, that you do need to register them through the ForeTees App or call ahead to the gates.
Guest Registration through the ForeTees App
- Open the app and scroll to “Guest & Visitor Pass”
- Once you tap the image it’ll take you to where you can create a guest pass
- Fill the form out and submit it
Owners That Are Not Members:
- Go to https://members.promontoryclub.com/.
- Username – Sign in using your legal lot ID (Example: HSD-5)
- Password – Your last name with the first letter capitalized (Example: Smith)
- You’ll be able to change your username and password after your first log in
- Once you are logged in, you’ll see a menu on the left side. Click on “Gate & Visitor Pass” and create the pass.
If you have any issues or questions about logging in, please contact Joe Ellis
New Specials at The Shed
Soup is available all day. Evening specials are available after 5:00 pm.
- Evening Special: Meat Lasagna with Ricotta Salata, Garlic Oil Breadsticks & a Fresh Mixed Green Salad
- Soup: Chicken & Andouille Sausage Gumbo
- Evening Special: House-Made Chicken Pot Pies served with a Fresh Mixed Green Salad
- Soup: Roasted Red Pepper Bisque garnished with Basil Oil & Parmesan Crisp
- Evening Special:
- Shrimp Enchiladas: Ancho Rojo Sauce, Cilantro Rice, Black Beans & Queso Fresco
- Vegetarian Enchiladas: Zucchini, Squash, Roasted Onions & Cremini Mushrooms
- Soup: Potato Leek Garnished with Tobacco Cut Fried Onions
- Evening Special: Fried Chicken with Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Gravy & Haricot Verts
- Soup: Tomato Basil garnished with Freshly Baked Croutons & Shaved Parmesan
- Evening Special: Roasted Poblano Mac and Cheese served with a Braised Short Rib
- Soup: Chicken & Gnocchi garnished with Fresh Parsley
- Evening Special: Homestyle Individual Cast Iron Meatloaf with Loaded Baked Potato & Sautéed Swiss Char
- Soup:Chicken Tortilla Soup garnished with Fried Tortilla Strips, Avocado & Grated Monterey Jack
- Evening Special: Grilled Pork Chop with Normandy Sauce Sweet Potato Succotash & Sautéed Spinach
- Soup: Chili garnished with Cheddar Cheese & Scallions
Get Ready For Ski Season
We will open the season with the following guidance, and we will evaluate as the ski season progresses to see if we need to make changes. we would like to thank the 6-Member Covid19 Task Force for helping inform many of these decisions.
Promontory Ski and Snowboard Lodge OPS – Winter 20/21:
- Runs as usual – schedule set by Joe Ellis and published in The Wire throughout the ski season
- Pick up/Drop off is in front of the Ranch Club
- Masks REQUIRED throughout transit
- Windows open, weather permitting – fan/heat turned on during transit
- Touchpoints on shuttles disinfected at each drop-off
- 24-hr advance reservations may be made through the Concierge
- Limit of 4 passengers per Member number
- Max 11 passengers per shuttle (normal capacity)
Contact Joe Ellis if you have any questions.
Planned Opening Dates:
- Alpine Lodge at Deer Valley:
- Equipment DROP-OFF day is Friday, Dec. 4, 2020, from 8 AM to 5 PM
- Opening day is Saturday, Dec. 5, 2020
- PC Lodge:
- Equipment DROP-OFF day is Thursday, Nov. 19, 2020, from 8 AM to 5 PM
- Opening day is Friday, Nov. 20, 2020
- If you would like to reserve a storage locker please contact Dave Helgeson with the following info:
- Name & Member Number
- Contact Information
- Alpine Lodge at Deer Valley or PC Lodge at Park City Mountain
Get Outside With Our Outfitter
Join us outside with SMALL group-led programs! (no more than 14 people).
View the schedule below:
Sundays | 10:30 am – 11:30 am
Guided Mountain Biking
Monday | 10:30 am – 11:30 am
Tuesday | 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
Guided Mountain Biking
Wednesday | 10:30 am – 11:30 am
Thursday| 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
Fly Casting at Mountain Garden Pond
Friday| 10:30 am & 1:30 am
Max 4 people on the dock
Face Mask & gloves required
Please bring your own fishing pole & equipment
Guided Bike Ride on The Rail Trail
Saturday | 10:30 am (2-3 hours)
Summit County Health Order
Face Covering Required
As of midnight Friday, June 26th, all of Summit County is under new Health Orders.
What this means to us at our PRIVATE Club is the following:
- Masks will be REQUIRED to enter any of our INDOOR amenities.
- Masks may only be removed while seated for dining or while engaged in strenuous fitness activities. In the case of fitness, you must also have at least a 10-foot distance from any other person in the fitness area while you are un-masked.
- If attending any outdoor venues, please wear a mask in and out of the venue while checking in, and then as long as you have 6 ft of physical distance, you may enjoy the outdoor venue without a mask.
Read the official notice below
Dining at Promontory
QR Code Dining Menus
We’ve switched to digital menus! You’ll find the code on your table at The Shed, The Peak & The Hearth
- How to Scan a QR code with your iPhone
Open the Camera app from the Home screen, Control Center, or Lock screen.
- Select the rear-facing camera. Hold your device so that the QR code appears in the viewfinder in the Camera app. Your device recognizes the QR code and shows a notification.
- Tap the notification to open the link associated with the QR code.
How to scan a QR code with your Android
- Open your Camera app and point it steadily for 2-3 seconds towards the QR Code you want to scan.
- Tap the notification to open the link associated with the QR code.
Click below for more information about scanning QR codes and what they are.
Hours of Operation
Reservation Office Hours
Open Daily | 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Contact the reservations office at (435) 333-4004 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your reservation.
We welcome walk-in dining in our outlets and do our best to accommodate with available space. Please call ahead if you have a large party (8 or more) so we may better prepare for your arrival and avoid any delays in accommodating you.
Monday – Saturday | Noon to 9:00 pm
Sunday | 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Contact our reservation office at (435) 333-4004 to book your reservations.
To-Go Orders our available call The Shed at (435) 333-4622 to place your order.
Check out The Shed Menu here.
Saturday – Monday | 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Closed Tuesday – Friday
Don’t miss out on the complimentary corkage. Mondays at The Peak!
Wednesday – Friday | 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Don’t miss out on Wine Wednesdays at The Hearth! – No corkage fee
Please know that Promontory expects to verify EVERY employee’s health per shift and will be taking all necessary social distancing and PPE precautions.
Checking-In is required at The Ranch Clubhouse and The Shed.
Please have your phone ready to scan in before walking into any of the above amenities. Please remember that we are confirming that your name and photo match your QR code and that your waiver is signed!
Please be sure that everyone in your membership has the waiver signed in their name.
Membership Billing Tutorial
If you need help finding your charges on your Member Billing Statement, click here for a step-by-step tutorial! Please note that statements can only be viewed as the primary member.
If you have any questions please contact the billing department at email@example.com
Ranch Club Pool & Hot Tub
Ranch Clubhouse Pool and Hot Tub
Open Daily | 6:00 am – 7:00 pm
Reservations are no longer required for the family pool first come first serve, limited to 50 or less.
Please remember to check in with The Concierge desk if you are using the pool.
Please Note: Hot Tubs are limited to 3 people at a time. Water bottles will not be available, please bring your own.
Read the General Promontory Pool & Water Slide Rules below.
Because we will not be offering foodservice this season at The Hot Spot Cafe, the rule about no coolers is being waived this summer. We ask the cooler sizes be kept to 12 quart or 12-liter sizes, nothing larger, and still ask that no alcoholic
beverages be brought to the club facility. A typical 12-quart cooler would have the dimensions of 13” Wide by 10” Deep by 10” High. No glass will be allowed in the coolers or on the pool decks.
Pet Clean-Up - This is getting "ruff"
All dogs’ poop MUST be disposed of by its owner.
The Conservancy provides cleanup bags for animal waste throughout the trails system for your convenience. Please continue to use these bags and deposit them in the waste containers provided.
Thank you for respecting Promontory and your fellow Members!