The Week Of November 16th
Featured Events and Upcoming Activities!
Happening This Week
Promontory Book Club November Meeting
Ask Again, Yes, by Mary Beth Keane
Wednesday, November 18th at 5:30 pm
Click Here to join the Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 828 3996 9176
Learn more about Ask Again, Yes
Contact Donna Gordon at (435) 714-9635 or email below, if you have any questions.
Last Call to Order Your Thanksgiving Feast
Orders need to be place by 2:00 pm this Sunday, November 22nd.
$280 | Serves 6-8 Guests
Pick up at Double Deer on Thanksgiving Day between 10:00 am & 12:00 pm
Contact Concierge at (435) 333-4000 to reserve or click the link below.
New This Week
Shuttle Pick Up & Breakfast Now at The Shed!
We are excited to announce that daily breakfast service and ski shuttle service will be offered at The Shed for this winter season. Moving our breakfast from The Hot Spot Café to The Shed will allow for far greater seating capacity and better social distancing for dining. Member parking for the shuttles will be improved at The Shed parking lot as well. Our Mercantile store will also be open for business during the morning hours in case you need to grab some hand warmers or a snack. After your ski day is complete, unwind at The Shed for some Après-ski drinks and appetizers.
Breakfast & Apres-Ski at The Shed
Breakfast at The Shed – Beginning December 5th
Available Daily from 7:00 am – 11:00 am
Complimentary Coffee & Tea until 11:00 am.
Breakfast & Après-Ski Drinks will be available for purchase.
Check out the menu below.
2020-2021 Season Shuttle Service
- Please contact the Concierge at (435) 333-4000 to make a reservation within 24 hours of your desired date.
- For return shuttles, please contact the Lodge staff of your desired departure time.
- The shuttle will run as usual – on the hour and on the half-hour.
- Pick up/Drop off is in front of The Shed.
- Masks REQUIRED throughout transit.
- Windows open, weather permitting – fan/heat turned on during transit.
- Touchpoints on shuttles disinfected at each drop-off.
- Limit of 4 passengers per Member number (consistent with prior season).
- Max 11 passengers per shuttle (normal capacity).
Download the schedule below.
Our goal is for everyone to enjoy the convenience of the Ski Lodges, have plenty of time to ski, and be able to warm-up with some hot soup midday. Please be considerate of fellow members also hoping to enjoy the lodges, especially during this pandemic where capacity and social distancing is being managed. Try and keep your gear pick up and drop off visits brief when capacity is high to allow others the opportunity to do the same.
- We will manage lodge capacity at the door.
- A warm waiting area has been created outside.
- No more than 2 accompanied guests during non-black-out times.
- Hourly headcount logged to keep capacity in check
- We will valet your boots and equipment to you outside if you don’t want to wait for a spot to open up inside the Lodge.
Etiquette & Basic Operations
- For your best experience, kindly call ahead to the PC Lodge or Alpine Lodge and let them you’ll be coming so they can get your skis valeted and ready to go. Our lodge concierges can also let you know about anticipated capacity during peak times. New phone numbers for both lodges are provided below.
- Check-in is facilitated with the ForeTees App QR code. Waiver signing is required prior to entry. Both of these can be found in the ForeTees app.
- NO guests during black-out dates.
- Members/Guests must wear masks in the Lodges except when sitting and eating (restaurant rules).
- Communication is key. Please let the Lodge staff know what your plans are for the day so they can anticipate peak times. Please give our staff a courteous “good-bye” wave when you are exiting the Lodge.
PC Lodge at Park City Mountain
Opening Dates & Hours
Equipment Drop-Off Day: Thursday, November 19th, from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Opening Day: Anticipated Friday, November 20th (pending confirmation of PCMR opening)
PC Lodge Hours
Open Daily from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
New Phone: (435) 962-9915
Storage & Lockers
PC Lodge Seasonal Ski and Snowboard storage & Full-Sized lockers are SOLD OUT for the season. Equipment and half lockers will be available for daily and weekly storage.
Alpine Lodge at Deer Valley
Opening Dates & Hours
Equipment Drop Day: Friday, December 4th from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Opening Day: Saturday, December 5th
Alpine Lodge Hours
Open Daily from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
New Phone: (435) 962-9901
Storage & Lockers
Alpine Lodge seasonal lockers have SOLD OUT for the season. We’ll have daily and weekly lockers available.
Get Ready for Ski Season! Tips from our Outfitter, Sean Smith
Promontory members, ski season is upon us and I hope you’re as excited as I am!
A few things to think about this month before we hit the slopes:
- Get all your equipment out now and make sure it’s in good working condition.
- If you need any work on your skis, boots, and bindings, now is the time.
- To prep physically for the ski season make sure you work on your flexibility, core strength, and leg strength. You can work on your legs either in the gym with weights (light weights are OK with high reps), or you can do bodyweight squats lunges and single-leg squats.
- Be sure to focus on your hamstrings, because those hammies are what’s going to save your knees throughout the season.
Ski Days with Sean begin in December!
- Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday at Deer Valley
- Thursday & Saturday at Park City Mountain
If you have any questions on anything ski-related, please reach out to Sean Smith and he will make sure you’re ready for a safe, fun, and incredible ski season!
Look for an update on all winter
activities at Promontory later this week!
Thanksgiving Day Hours
Thursday, November 26th
The Hearth – Closed
The Peak – Closed (Thanksgiving To Go Pick up at Double Deer)
The Shed – 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Ranch Club House
Concierge, Pool & Fitness – 6:00 am – 7:00 pm
Ranch Club Spa – Closed
Kids’ Cabin – Closed
Outfitter’s Cabin – Closed
Annual Holiday Tree Lighting
Friday, December 4th
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm at The Shed
Join us for our Annual Holiday Tree Lighting! We’ll have hot chocolate & a local choir singing all your holiday favorites!
Please RSVP as space is limited. Please note that this will be hosted outside, dress warm!
Be sure to book a reservation at The Shed for dinner afterward!
Contact the Reservations office at (435) 333-4004 or click the link below.
In Case You Missed It
Utah State Of Emergency New Health Order
Utah Governor, Gary Herbert has declared a new state of emergency last night and issued a new Executive Order. This order is in effect as of Monday, November 9th, and will remain in effect until Monday, November 23rd.
- Statewide Mask Mandate is now in effect
- You must wear a face mask indoors and outdoors anytime you are within 6 feet of anyone from another household. This means you must wear a face mask anytime you are around people you don’t live with.
- Customers, patrons, and employees must wear a face mask. Face mask exceptions are granted for various reasons as more fully outlined in the Order, including but not limited to the following:
- While actively eating or drinking
- While as the sole occupant of a room, cubicle, or similar enclosure
- While exercising outdoors, or while exercising indoors and maintaining at least six feet of physical distance from any other individual from a separate household
- Even after the orders issued today expire, the mask mandate will be extended for the foreseeable future.
- Casual social gatherings are only allowed with people you live with until November 23, 2020.
- This does not apply to work, school, or religious services, where masking and physical distancing are already enforced.
- You should cancel plans with extended family and friends for the next two weeks. Telework if you can.
- Businesses and restaurants are not shut down because of this, but if you go out to eat, it should only be with people from your home.
- Businesses must post signage that lists COVID-19 symptoms and face mask and physical distancing requirements.
- Event hosts must require masks of all participants.
- Restaurants will require at least 6 feet of distance between household groups or seating parties.
- Bars must close at 10 p.m.
- All school extracurricular activities, sports, and clubs are on hold for the duration of the orders.
- No organized or school-sponsored extracurricular activities, including sports and intramural events. Currently scheduled high school state playoff football games are allowed to continue with increased restrictions.
- No private, recreation, or club sports and athletic events.
- Intercollegiate sporting events are allowed due to already enforced health requirements.
- College students, who either live on campus or attend at least one in-person class per week, are required to be tested for COVID-19 weekly.
- K-12 schools are open for in-person learning.
- College and university students who live on campus or attend an in-person class will be tested for COVID-19 each week.
- Testing is encouraged to begin as soon as possible but must be implemented by the beginning of the spring semester.
You can read the official Executive Order below.
What this means for Promontory
- Dining and both outdoor and indoor fitness and recreation are still allowed but distancing is essential.
- Kids at the Kids’ Cabin should also wear masks (Under 3 years old exempt)
- November’s Member Mixer/Pie Baking Contest has been canceled due to new health order.
November Spa Specials
Ranch Club Spa Hours
Thursday – Sunday | 10:00 am-6:00 pm
15% off body treatments for the month of November!
Seasonal Body Exfoliation (25 mins)
This treatment begins with a hydrating sugar and salt body polish that work together to buff the skin to perfection. This quick, invigorating treatment ends with the application of a rich infusion of shea butter and coconut oil that soothe and protect skin from the elements, leaving you soft from head to toe.
Shea Butter Quench Body Wrap (50 mins)
This treatment deeply cleanses, exfoliates, nourishes, and soothes your skin with a sugar and salt body polish to increase circulation and open pores. Then, you are enveloped in warmth with a powerful infusion of organic shea butter and nourishing coconut oil to rehydrate and restore the skin’s natural softness.
Ultimate Hand or Foot Renewal
20 mins for Hand Renewal | 25 mins for Foot Renewal
Begin your renewal by choosing either your hands OR feet to be rejuvenated. Your paws will be treated with an invigorating scrub, followed by hot towels and a massage with Zents Quench to soften and hydrate the skin.
Retail Special – 15% Off
Zents Body Oil & Concreta
Image the MAX
Contact The Spa at (435) 333-4210 or click the link below to book your treatment.
Kids' Cabin November Camp
Kids’ Cabin Hours
Tuesday – Saturday | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Tuesdays – Animal Adventures
All things animals! Learn how animals prepare for winter.
Wednesdays – Dino Days
Discover the age of dinosaurs & hatch a dinosaur egg!
Thursdays – Art, Art, Art
Express yourself through the art of drawing, painting & more!
Fridays – Fall STEAM
Fall themed STEAM challenges!
Contact Britney Vernon at (435) 333-4050 to reserve your spot.
Tory’s Travel Adventures
Tory the Promontory Deer has recently traveled to Alabama!
Stop by the Kids’ Cabin to see the map of Tory’s Travel Adventures or pick her up for your next adventure and add to the map!
Kids' Cabin Virtual Food Drive
For the month of November, the Kids’ Cabin is hosting a Virtual Food Drive through the Utah Food Bank. Donating to the Kids’ Cabin Virtual Food Drive is easy!
Click the link below and select the items you would like Utah Food Bank to purchase on your behalf OR select the cash item to allow Utah Food Bank to utilize your donation where it’s most needed. Check out and follow the steps to enter your payment information. No need to go through your pantry or the hassle of having to visit a store.
Our goal is to raise food and supplies for the 1 in 5 Utah kids that are unsure where their next meal is coming from. With your support and Utah Food Bank’s purchasing power, we can truly make a difference in the lives of Utahns facing hunger. The Utah Food Bank can turn each $1 donated into $8.03 worth of goods and services!
If you would like to find out more about the important work that Utah Food Bank is doing, please visit their website by clicking the link below.
For those of you who would like to go through your pantry and donate physical food items, there will be a box located at the Kids’ Cabin as well as in the Ranch Clubhouse by the Concierge Desk.
For any questions regarding the Kids’ Cabin Food Drive please contact Britney at 435-333-4050.
New classes at the Nicklaus Fitness Studio!
Please note that classes are limited to 6 Members.
Flow Yoga with Wendy
Sundays at 9:00 am
TRX with Thea/Marisa
Tuesdays & Thursdays at 10:30 am
Aerial Yoga with Wendy
Saturdays at 9:00 am
Contact the Concierge to book your reservation.
Download the fitness schedule below!
Please bring your own mats to Yoga, Pilates, and Sculp & Tone Classes. If you don’t have a mat, you can purchase a basic gym mat from us for $25.
Please note that all classes excluding Virtual WERQ! requires a reservation.
Classes are limited to 10 people.
Contact the Concierge to book your reservation!
Due to limited class size, we have implemented a 3 strike rule. Please be sure to cancel your reservation in advance if you are unable to make it.
New Specials at The Shed
Soup is available all day. Evening specials are available after 5:00 pm.
- Evening Special: Meat Lasagna with Ricotta Salata, Garlic Oil Breadsticks & a Fresh Mixed Green Salad
- Soup: Chicken & Andouille Sausage Gumbo
- Evening Special: House-Made Chicken Pot Pies served with a Fresh Mixed Green Salad
- Soup: Roasted Red Pepper Bisque garnished with Basil Oil & Parmesan Crisp
- Evening Special:
- Shrimp Enchiladas: Ancho Rojo Sauce, Cilantro Rice, Black Beans & Queso Fresco
- Vegetarian Enchiladas: Zucchini, Squash, Roasted Onions & Cremini Mushrooms
- Soup: Potato Leek Garnished with Tobacco Cut Fried Onions
- Evening Special: Fried Chicken with Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Gravy & Haricot Verts
- Soup: Tomato Basil garnished with Freshly Baked Croutons & Shaved Parmesan
- Evening Special: Roasted Poblano Mac and Cheese served with a Braised Short Rib
- Soup: Chicken & Gnocchi garnished with Fresh Parsley
- Evening Special: Homestyle Individual Cast Iron Meatloaf with Loaded Baked Potato & Sautéed Swiss Char
- Soup:Chicken Tortilla Soup garnished with Fried Tortilla Strips, Avocado & Grated Monterey Jack
- Evening Special: Grilled Pork Chop with Normandy Sauce Sweet Potato Succotash & Sautéed Spinach
- Soup: Chili garnished with Cheddar Cheese & Scallions
We would like to remind all members that if you have a guest/visitor coming on property, that you do need to register them through the ForeTees App or call ahead to the gates.
Guest Registration through the ForeTees App
- Open the app and scroll to “Guest & Visitor Pass”
- Once you tap the image it’ll take you to where you can create a guest pass
- Fill the form out and submit it
Owners That Are Not Members:
- Go to https://members.promontoryclub.com/.
- Username – Sign in using your legal lot ID (Example: HSD-5)
- Password – Your last name with the first letter capitalized (Example: Smith)
- You’ll be able to change your username and password after your first log in
- Once you are logged in, you’ll see a menu on the left side. Click on “Gate & Visitor Pass” and create the pass.
If you have any issues or questions about logging in, please contact Joe Ellis
Dining at Promontory
QR Code Dining Menus
We’ve switched to digital menus! You’ll find the code on your table at The Shed, The Peak & The Hearth
- How to Scan a QR code with your iPhone
Open the Camera app from the Home screen, Control Center, or Lock screen.
- Select the rear-facing camera. Hold your device so that the QR code appears in the viewfinder in the Camera app. Your device recognizes the QR code and shows a notification.
- Tap the notification to open the link associated with the QR code.
How to scan a QR code with your Android
- Open your Camera app and point it steadily for 2-3 seconds towards the QR Code you want to scan.
- Tap the notification to open the link associated with the QR code.
Click below for more information about scanning QR codes and what they are.
Hours of Operation
Reservation Office Hours
Open Daily | 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Contact the reservations office at (435) 333-4004 or email at email@example.com to book your reservation.
We welcome walk-in dining in our outlets and do our best to accommodate with available space. Please call ahead if you have a large party (8 or more) so we may better prepare for your arrival and avoid any delays in accommodating you.
Monday – Saturday | Noon to 9:00 pm
Sunday | 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Contact our reservation office at (435) 333-4004 to book your reservations.
To-Go Orders our available call The Shed at (435) 333-4622 to place your order.
Check out The Shed Menu here.
Saturday – Monday | 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Closed Tuesday – Friday
Don’t miss out on the complimentary corkage. Mondays at The Peak!
Wednesday – Friday | 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Don’t miss out on Wine Wednesdays at The Hearth! – No corkage fee
Please know that Promontory expects to verify EVERY employee’s health per shift and will be taking all necessary social distancing and PPE precautions.
Checking-In is required at The Ranch Clubhouse and The Shed.
Please have your phone ready to scan in before walking into any of the above amenities. Please remember that we are confirming that your name and photo match your QR code and that your waiver is signed!
Please be sure that everyone in your membership has the waiver signed in their name.
Membership Billing Tutorial
If you need help finding your charges on your Member Billing Statement, click here for a step-by-step tutorial! Please note that statements can only be viewed as the primary member.
If you have any questions please contact the billing department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ranch Club Pool & Hot Tub
Ranch Clubhouse Pool and Hot Tub
Open Daily | 6:00 am – 7:00 pm
Reservations are no longer required for the family pool first come first serve, limited to 50 or less.
Please remember to check in with The Concierge desk if you are using the pool.
Please Note: Hot Tubs are limited to 3 people at a time. Water bottles will not be available, please bring your own.
Read the General Promontory Pool & Water Slide Rules below.
Because we will not be offering foodservice this season at The Hot Spot Cafe, the rule about no coolers is being waived this summer. We ask the cooler sizes be kept to 12 quart or 12-liter sizes, nothing larger, and still ask that no alcoholic
beverages be brought to the club facility. A typical 12-quart cooler would have the dimensions of 13” Wide by 10” Deep by 10” High. No glass will be allowed in the coolers or on the pool decks.
Pet Clean-Up - This is getting "ruff"
All dogs’ poop MUST be disposed of by its owner.
The Conservancy provides cleanup bags for animal waste throughout the trails system for your convenience. Please continue to use these bags and deposit them in the waste containers provided.
Thank you for respecting Promontory and your fellow Members!