The Week Of October 5th
Featured Events and Upcoming Activities!
Meet Kelli Brown, Promontory's New General Manager
Hello, Promontory families! My name is Kelli Brown and I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself again for those that did not get a chance to watch the member webinar with Francis Najafi on September 4th. During that webinar, Francis announced that our dear Robin Milne was retiring as General Manager effective October 1, and transitioning to a new role with our management team as Chief Brand Officer. Robin has been so instrumental in leading the management of this fantastic community for the past four years, and we cannot express enough gratitude for her tremendous service. No one wanted to see her go, but Robin has exceeded her commitment with us and we know she is ready to embrace a little more time with her family while she still stays involved with Promontory.
By way of background, I have been working with Francis at our corporate office in Phoenix since 2001 and have been blessed to be involved with Promontory since its inception as the project asset manager and Chief Financial Officer. I have traveled up to the property at least monthly for the past 19 years and have established great working relationships with our management team during this time. I love Promontory and am excited for this opportunity to help Promontory continue to thrive with a growing membership and many properties yet to be sold.
Prior to joining Pivotal Group in 2001, I worked in the real estate audit practice for Ernst & Young and left as a senior manager. I am a licensed CPA and member of the AICPA and Arizona Society of CPA’s. In Arizona, I was involved in the community by serving as a member of the Phoenix Marathon Scholarship Committee, treasurer for the local high school athletic booster club, a board member for the local little league for many years, as well as being involved with many church and charitable service organizations.
On a personal note, my husband, Ryan, and I have been married for over 24 years and have three beautiful daughters, one son, and one son-in-law. Ryan is a real estate broker and owns and operates a residential property management company based out of Mesa, Arizona. Our oldest daughter, Barrett, and her husband are both finishing up at Arizona State (our alma mater – Go Sun Devils!). Our second daughter, Afton, is a sophomore at Southern Virginia University and is playing college softball for them and loving the east coast life. And our two youngest children, Rowan and Easton, are both in high school and moved up to Utah with us at the beginning of August to get started in school and sports. They both play volleyball and are having great experiences so far in Utah. Easton is also a gifted musician, playing electric and acoustic guitar, piano and drums. Our family is very active and loves everything about the outdoors. We love to ski, hike, camp, backpack, bike, run, and paddleboard and all our kids have grown up playing team sports since they were very young.
So there you have it! As the incoming General Manager at Promontory, I am looking forward to getting to know you and your families. I have met a number of you already at recent events, but I still have a lot of new names to learn. Please say hello and introduce yourselves as we see each other at Promontory and at upcoming member mixers.
New This Week
Shed October Specials
October 1st – October 31st
Please note that soup is available all day. Evening specials are available after 5:00 pm.
- Evening Special: Hearty Meat Lasagna with Garlic Herb Bread Sticks & House Salad
- Soup: Chicken Tortilla Soup garnished with Shredded Cheddar, Sour Cream, Crushed Tortilla Chips
- Evening Special: Personal Chicken Pot Pies with Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
- Soup: Zuppa Toscana
- Evening Special: Grilled Shrimp PoBoy with Shredded Cabbage, Tomato, Cajun Spread, & Garlic Fries
- Soup: Broccoli Cheddar Garnished with Shredded Cheddar
- Evening Special: Fried Chicken with Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Gravy & Honey Glazed Corn Bread
- Soup: Tomato Basil garnished with Croutons & Parmesan
- Evening Special: Stuffed Bell Peppers with Steak, Spanish Rice, Cheddar Jack & Onions paired with a Southwest Salad with Poblano Ranch Dressing
- Soup: Chicken & Gnocchi garnished with Fresh Parsley
- Evening Special: Salisbury Steaks with Mashed Potatoes, Mushroom Gravy, and Wilted Arugula
- Soup: White Turkey Chili garnished with Shredded Cheddar, Sour Cream, & Cilantro
- Evening Special: Chicken Parmesan with Spaghetti, Fresh Basil, Garlic Herb Breadsticks paired with a Caesar Salad.
- Soup: Hearty Beef Chili garnished with Cheese, Sour Cream, Green Onion
Golf at Promontory
Due to favorable weather conditions, we’ve extended play on Dye the Canyon Course! The last day of play is now Sunday, October 11th.
Course Closing Dates
Dye Canyon Golf Course- Last Day of Play is Sunday, October 11
Painted Valley Golf Course – Last Day of Play is Sunday, October 18
Dye Canyon Golf Course (435) 333-4218
Tuesday – Sunday | Tee Times beginning at 10:00 am
Painted Valley Golf Course (435) 333-4720
Wednesday – Monday | Tee Times beginning at 10:00 am
Fall Into Relaxation at The Ranch Club Spa
Thursday – Sunday | 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Closed Monday – Wednesday
- Therapeutic Thursday’s – 10% off Signature massage
- Facial Friday’s – 15% off any facial
- Salty Saturday’s – 10% off Season Body Exfoliation
- Sporty Sunday’s – 15% off Sports massage
Service discount valid on the day specified & must be used at time of purchase.
Retail Special – 15% Off
- Zents Body Oil of any scent
- Image Vital C products
Contact The Spa at (435) 333-4210 or click the link below to book your treatment today!
A Spooktacular Pumpkin Workout
Saturday, October 31st at 8:30 am
Shed Amphitheater/Basketball Court (Weather Permitting)
Join us for a 45-minute HITT pumpkin workout! An overall workout with pumpkins – goblet squats, standing wood chops, and much more.
Class is limited to 15 people, please RSVP below.
Pickleball clinics every Wednesday
$25 Per Person – Max 8 people per clinic
Introduction to Pickleball – Wednesdays at 9:00 am
If you’ve never played or forget how to play, this clinic is for you.
Beginner/Intermediate Pickleball Clinic – Wednesdays at 10:30 am
This clinic works on skills to improve your game.
Clinics are held at The Ranch Clubhouse Tennis Court #4
Download the fitness schedule below!
Please bring your own mats to Yoga, Pilates, and Sculp & Tone Classes. If you don’t have a mat, you can purchase a basic gym mat from us for $25.
Please note that all classes excluding Virtual WERQ! requires a reservation.
Classes are limited to 15 people.
Contact the Concierge to book your reservation!
In Case You Missed It
Holiday Calendar Coming Soon
Recycle Utah visited Promontory on Wednesday, September 23rd for an Education and Libations. Owners & Members had questions about glass and compost. Below are a few private collection companies that Recycle Utah recommended.
- Curbside Compost: Spoil to Soil – https://ww2.spoiltosoil.org/
- Curbside Glass Bins: Momentum Recycling – https://utah.momentumrecycling.com/parkcity/
- Extra Curbside Recycling Bin through Republic Services – https://www.republicservices.com/residents/recycling
- Recyclops – https://recyclops.com/
Dress Code Reminder
The following dress code is to be observed in the dining rooms.
We request collared shirts with sleeves for gentlemen and blouses for women. Slacks, shorts, dresses, or skirts of mid-thigh length are considered appropriate dining attire as well as jeans or denim pants. No headwear may be worn in The Peak or The Hearth Grille dining rooms after 5:00 pm. Flip flops are not permitted in either dining room.
Your comfort is a priority; however, we would like to maintain the elegance of our club dining experience.
Kids' Cabin October Camps
The Kids’ Cabin
Tuesday – Saturday | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
AM Sessions & PM Sessions are available
(24 kids per session – 3 small groups of 8)
Tuesdays – Book Club Camp
Read, share, & make your own books!
Wednesdays – Craft Camp
Craft it up with a variety of projects and materials to choose from.
Thursday – Science Days
Experiment, learn, & explore! Hands-on science fun!
Friday – Lego Mania
A day full of Lego!
Halloween Spooky Adventure Trail
Saturday, October 24th | 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
More details to come!
Contact Britney Vernon at (435) 333- 4050 to reserve your spot.
Get Ready For Ski Season
We are entering a new season of ‘play’ under Covid19 restrictions, so we ask that you go with the flow and understand that we are trying to balance easy access and maximum Member use of our Lodges given capacity and protocol constraints. Please participate at your own risk and know that we have your health and safety as our primary concern.
We will open the season with the following guidance, and we will evaluate as the ski season progresses to see if we need to make changes. we would like to thank the 6-Member Covid19 Task Force for helping inform many of these decisions.
Promontory Ski and Snowboard Lodge OPS – Winter 20/21:
- Runs as usual – schedule set by Joe Ellis and published in The Wire throughout ski season
- Pick up/Drop off is in front of the Ranch Club
- Masks REQUIRED throughout transit
- Windows open, weather permitting – fan/heat turned on during transit
- Touchpoints on shuttles disinfected at each drop-off
- 24-hr advance reservations may be made through the Concierge
- Limit of 4 passengers per Member number
- Max 11 passengers per shuttle (normal capacity)
Lodge Capacity at any single point in time (limited by Covid19):
- Alpine Lodge at Deer Valley – 35 people
- PC Lodge – 60 people
Planned Opening Dates:
- Alpine Lodge at Deer Valley:
- Equipment DROP-OFF day is Friday, Dec. 4, 2020, from 8 AM to 5 PM
- Opening day is Saturday, Dec. 5, 2020
- PC Lodge:
- Equipment DROP-OFF day is Thursday, Nov. 19, 2020, from 8 AM to 5 PM
- Opening day is Friday, Nov. 20, 2020
- Date to begin reserving season storage and lockers is at our Welcome to Ski Season Member Mixer on Thursday, October 15th – Double Deer – 5 PM to 6:30 PM
Get Your Flu Shot at Promontory
Wednesday, October 14th
9:00 am – 11:30 am
The Outfitter’s Cabin
Promontory is hosting a Flu Shot Clinic! The clinic is open to all Members and their families.
Complimentary to individuals that have an accepted insurance plan (click the link below to see if your insurance covers flu shots), or $35 cash price without insurance.
RSVP to our Human Resources Department with the following:
- Your Name
- Number of Flu Shots that will be needed (All individuals receiving a shot must be at least 6 months or older.)
- Your preferred time between 9:00 am & 11:30 am
HR will respond with a confirmation and a time that you can attend the clinic for your shot. Please bring your insurance card and a picture ID with you.
We’ll have two types of flu vaccines available. Consult with your medical provider for guidance on which vaccine is best for you:
- Quadrivalent – an inactivated vaccine (containing killed virus) that is given with a needle, usually in the arm. The quadrivalent flu shot is approved for use in people older than 6 months, including healthy people and people with chronic medical conditions.
- High Dose Quadrivalent (4-Strain) Flu Shot: a high-dose flu vaccine approved for people 65 and older, Fluzone High-Dose vaccine contains four times the amount of antigen (the part of the vaccine that prompts the body to make antibody) contained in regular flu vaccines. The additional antigen is intended to create a stronger immune response(more antibody) in the person getting the vaccine.
Game Day At The Shed Monday Night Football
Join us each week for Monday Night Football at The Shed. Cheer on your favorite teams and rep their gear for complimentary chips & salsa!
Atlanta Falcons Vs. Green Bay Packers
Game Begin at 6:15 MT
Monday, October 12th
LA Chargers Vs. New Orleans Saints
Game Begin at 6:15 MT
Find out when your favorite team is playing!
Promontory Book Club October Meet-Up
Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi
Wednesday, October 21st at 5:30 pm
The Shed Amphitheater (Weather Permitting)
Learn more about Transcendent Kingdom by clicking the link below.
Contact Donna Gordon at (435) 714-9635 or email below, if you have any questions.
Checking in required at The Ranch Clubhouse and The Shed.
Please have your phone ready to scan in before walking into any of the above amenities. Please remember that we are confirming that your name and photo match your QR code and that your waiver is signed!
Please be sure that everyone in your membership has the waiver signed in their name.
If you have any further questions about The updated club waiver, please contact Jordyn Cosgrove, Assistant Membership Director.
Get Outside With Our Outfitter
Join us outside with SMALL group-led programs! (no more than 14 people).
View the schedule below:
Sundays | 10:30 am – 11:30 am
Guided Mountain Biking
Monday | 10:30 am – 11:30 am
Tuesday | 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
Guided Mountain Biking
Wednesday | 10:30 am – 11:30 am
Thursday| 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
Fly Casting at Mountain Garden Pond
Friday| 10:30 am & 1:30 am
Max 4 people on the dock
Face Mask & gloves required
Please bring your own fishing pole & equipment
Guided Bike Ride on The Rail Trail
Saturday | 10:30 am (2-3 hours)
Summit County Health Order
Face Covering Required
As of midnight Friday, June 26th, all of Summit County is under new Health Orders.
What this means to us at our PRIVATE Club is the following:
- Masks will be REQUIRED to enter any of our INDOOR amenities.
- Masks may only be removed while seated for dining or while engaged in strenuous fitness activities. In the case of fitness, you must also have at least a 10-foot distance from any other person in the fitness area while you are un-masked.
- If attending any outdoor venues, please wear a mask in and out of the venue while checking in, and then as long as you have 6 ft of physical distance, you may enjoy the outdoor venue without a mask.
Read the official notice below
Dining at Promontory
QR Code Dining Menus
We’ve switched to digital menus! You’ll find the code on your table at The Shed, The Peak & The Hearth
- How to Scan a QR code with your iPhone
Open the Camera app from the Home screen, Control Center, or Lock screen.
- Select the rear-facing camera. Hold your device so that the QR code appears in the viewfinder in the Camera app. Your device recognizes the QR code and shows a notification.
- Tap the notification to open the link associated with the QR code.
How to scan a QR code with your Android
- Open your Camera app and point it steadily for 2-3 seconds towards the QR Code you want to scan.
- Tap the notification to open the link associated with the QR code.
Click below for more information about scanning QR codes and what they are.
Hours of Operation
Reservation Office Hours
Open Daily | 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Contact the reservations office at (435) 333-4004 or email at email@example.com to book your reservation.
We welcome walk-in dining in our outlets and do our best to accommodate with available space. Please call ahead if you have a large party (8 or more) so we may better prepare for your arrival and avoid any delays in accommodating you.
The Nicklaus Golf Turn House
Wednesday – Sunday | 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Click Here for the Grab & Go lunch options.
The Dye Turn House – Breakfast Spot
Tuesday – Sunday | 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Click Here for the menu.
Monday – Saturday | Noon to 9:00 pm
Sunday | 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Dine-In available for reservations or Walk-in if there is room. Contact our reservation office at (435) 333-4004 to book your reservations.
To-Go Orders our available call The Shed at (435) 333-4622 to place your order.
Check out The Shed Menu here.
The Peak (Dinner Service)
Saturday – Monday | 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Closed Tuesday – Friday
19th Lounge (Lunch Service)
Wednesday – Monday | 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
Don’t miss out on the complimentary corkage. Mondays at The Peak!
Wednesday – Friday | 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Don’t miss out on Wine Wednesdays at The Hearth! – No corkage fee
Please know that Promontory expects to verify EVERY employee’s health per shift and will be taking all necessary social distancing and PPE precautions.
Membership Billing Tutorial
If you need help finding your charges on your Member Billing Statement, click here for a step-by-step tutorial! Please note that statements can only be viewed as the primary member.
If you have any questions please contact the billing department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ranch Club Pool & Hot Tub
Ranch Clubhouse Pool and Hot Tub
Open Daily | 6:00 am – 7:00 pm
Reservations are no longer required for the family pool first come first serve, limited to 50 or less.
Please remember to check in with The Concierge desk if you are using the pool.
Please Note: Hot Tubs are limited to 3 people at a time. Water bottles will not be available, please bring your own.
Read the General Promontory Pool & Water Slide Rules below.
Because we will not be offering foodservice this season at The Hot Spot Cafe, the rule about no coolers is being waived this summer. We ask the cooler sizes be kept to 12 quart or 12-liter sizes, nothing larger, and still ask that no alcoholic
beverages be brought to the club facility. A typical 12-quart cooler would have the dimensions of 13” Wide by 10” Deep by 10” High. No glass will be allowed in the coolers or on the pool decks.
Pet Clean-Up - This is getting "ruff"
All dogs’ poop MUST be disposed of by its owner.
The Conservancy provides cleanup bags for animal waste throughout the trails system for your convenience. Please continue to use these bags and deposit them in the waste containers provided.
Thank you for respecting Promontory and your fellow Members!