The Week of May 27, 2022
Conservancy News & Events
- Please make sure that all landscapers and contractors provide their own restroom facilities and dumpsters while working at your homesite. Crews are not allowed to use facilities of another crew. Thank you for your cooperation.
- If you plan on having guests or visitors, please enter a Gate Pass Request on the Member website or app for ALL guests ahead of their arrival. This will help expedite their entry during the summer season.
- The Conservancy Board meeting with be held on June 15th at 10:00 am via Zoom. Please keep an eye for the Zoom link in upcoming Views.
- Roadwork has commenced and will continue for the next few weeks.
New This Week
Celebrate the 4th of July at Promontory
Monday, July 4th, 6:30 pm at Nicklaus Driving Range
Fireworks will begin at dark
Please join Promontory and The Conservancy for a wonderful celebration of family, friends and freedoms this Independence Day. Our Sunday, July 4th festivities will begin at 6:30 pm on the Nicklaus Painted Valley Driving Range. Promontory members, owners and their in-house guests are invited to join with us for this 4th of July family picnic and fireworks show.
Reservations are required for the 4th of July BBQ
Provided by Majestic Grill
$35 per person
Off the Grill
New York Steaks, Smoked BBQ Beef,
Grilled Monterey Chicken Breast,
Grilled Salmon and Hot Dogs
Tossed Green Salad, Corn On The Cob, Ranch Beans,
Potato Salad, and Rolls & Butter
Cobbler, Ice Cream, Brownies and Cookies
Promontory Trails & Pet Policies
Hit the trails, Promontory has 30+ miles of trials!
As a reminder, the trail system does not include the Golf Courses cart paths. Club rules state: Jogging, bicycling, fishing or recreational walking, including walking of pets is not permitted on the golf course at any time.
To avoid construction areas and work zones, some trails will be detoured or temporarily relocated. Please see the map below for current detours. Detour signs will also be placed on the affected trails.
Please consider other Promontory owners when taking your dogs out:
- Even if your dogs are “friendly” they must remain on leash and under your control.
- Dogs should be on a leash at all times, unless at Bark City, Promontory’s dog park or the off-leash trail leading up to the Dog Park. Please see Bark City’s rules here.
- Please clean up your animals’ waste. Bags are provided at Bark City and at various locations on the trails.
- Please properly dispose of the waste bags in the garbage cans provided or otherwise. DO NOT leave these bags on the trails or elsewhere.
In Case You Missed It
Home Sprinkling Systems
Mountain Regional Water - Update
Mountain Regional Water has announced that irrigation systems can be used Wednesday, June 1st. Beginning Wednesday, May 25th, systems can be temporarily charged to assess damage or needed repairs.
Please contact Mountain Regional Water personnel for any questions or concerns regarding water use.
Landscape Plans Reminder
Please remember, if you are considering significant changes to your landscaping, they need to be submitted to Design Review to ensure your plans are consistent with the Design Guidelines.
Please contact Christine Morr if you have any questions.
Please take a few moments to read the link below on tips and strategies to protect your home/homesite in the event of a wildfire.
Cleaning Muddy Roads
Springtime in Utah offers wonderful weather, the sounds of songbirds, and beautiful scenery. Springtime also means melting snow and possible mud. As our community grows, mud and dust may be disturbed and tracked onto our roads. The Conservancy crews and contractors are doing all they can to keep the roadways as clean as possible. We thank you for your patience and understanding and assure you clean roads are a very high priority.
Asphalt & Road Repairs
As the ground warms up, it has become evident that some portions of the roads are in need of repair. Asphalt crews have begun to make repairs and will continue to address problem areas over the coming weeks. Thank you for your patience regarding these improvements.
Trash Pick up
On trash pickup day, please keep all trash inside your dumpster, with the lid closed. Please DO NOT leave cardboard boxes, furniture, or anything else that won’t fit in the dumpster on the ground – the truck drivers will not stop to collect anything outside the dumpster.
If your weekly trash is more than will fit in your dumpster, please contact Republic Services (435-615-8311) for another dumpster.
Some years ago Summit County created a system to provide phone, email, and text messages regarding emergencies. The system was upgraded such that anyone who previously signed up will need to sign up again.
The alert center also provides information about non-emergency matters in and about Summit County.