The Week of March 31, 2023
Conservancy News & Events
- Both Park City Mountain Resort & Deer Valley Resort have extended their ski season closing date through Sunday, April 23rd. The PC Lodge & Deer Valley Alpine Lodge will remain open and the Ski Shuttles will continue to operate through April 23rd.
- If you are concerned of flooding at your homesite, Summit County has announced a plan to provide residents with a limited amount of sandbags. The link HERE contains information regarding sandbag pickup as well as general flood information around the County.
New This Week
Snow Build Up
This winter season brought record breaking snowfall. With these snowfall records comes special considerations you may want to consider in maintaining your home. Summit County requires homes to be structurally engineered for snow loads. There is likely no cause for concern for any structural failures. However, excessive accumulation of snow on the roof might have other risks that may require action on your part:
- Hairline cracking on interior and exterior finishes as the roof members naturally deflect with the added excessive snow load.
- Shifting and falling of snow off the roof and potential damage to items below, such as gutters, landscaping, furniture, vehicles, etc.
- Ice damming which could lead to roof leaks and damage to attic members and interior finishes.
- Drifting snow covering certain rooftop vents.
Damage can be avoided with a proper inspection and potential action taken on your part. You or your contracted Property Management Company should check to see if excess snow should be removed from your roof.
In Case You Missed It
Although it may not seem like it, spring is just around the corner. With the impressive snow accumulation, the warmer temperatures may cause substantial “run-off”. Please have a plan to direct water away from your home and improvements without negatively impacting your neighbors in the process. Right now is a great time to reflect on where water accumulates, and how best to control it. Water will likely behave in a similar manner as it did during the monsoon rainstorms we received last August. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email Conservancy personnel below.
The Village at Promontory Parking Lot Renovation
Holiday decorations may be displayed in season only from November 1 to March 1 and, during other times of the year, from one week before to one week after any nationally recognized holiday.
How to Get a Gate Opener Device
Beginning Thursday, January 26th, homeowners will purchase gate opener devices using the link below. After you provide your vehicle information you will be notified by the Conservancy/Gate Staff to pick up the sensor from the Main Gatehouse off of I-80. The Concierge desk will no longer issue gate sensors.
Winter Snow Removal Reminder
The Promontory Conservancy and its snow removal contractors make it a priority to be responsive during and immediately after a storm. The Conservancy has contracted with three separate snow removal companies for various roads and neighborhoods within our community, and utilizes its own internal team as well to help keep Promontory’s roads clear. Response time to individual streets and neighborhoods will depend on several factors, including timing and duration of the storm.
The best way to contact the Conservancy related to snow removal issues is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is monitored consistently throughout the day during and after snow events.
Please take a moment to read the rest of the letter below.
Guest Gate Access & Visitor Policy
In response to the state of pandemic and to better monitor access to the community, the Conservancy’s Board of Directors has approved a change to public access through the gates. The gates will “close” at 7:00 pm. At that time, members of the public (i.e., not visiting a specific owner, not an approved vendor, just wanting to drive through) wishing to enter the community would be turned away. When gates are “open” (6:00 am-7:00 pm), members of the public wanting to drive through will be entered into a log with name and vehicle information and issued a pass to travel through to the other gate only.
During all hours, legitimate guests will be allowed access if a pass has been created by an owner-host or if the host can be contacted by telephone when the guest is at the gate. If the host cannot be contacted, the guest would be turned away. Gate staff will continue to follow protocol for real estate visitors to ensure limited disruption of showings.
As such, it is extremely important for Promontory owners to do two things:
- Please enter a Gate Pass Request on the Member website or app for ALL guests ahead of their arrival.
- Please provide a good phone number so you can be contacted if a pass has not been entered. Guests will be turned away if you cannot be contacted.
To add or update a phone number, please submit it to:
Equestrian Gate: (435) 333-4035 | Main Gate: (435) 333-4030
Trash Pick up
On trash pickup day, please keep all trash inside your dumpster, with the lid closed. Please DO NOT leave cardboard boxes, furniture, or anything else that won’t fit in the dumpster on the ground – the truck drivers will not stop to collect anything outside the dumpster. If your weekly trash is more than will fit in your dumpster, please contact Republic Services (435-615-8311) for another dumpster.
Please use your own garbage and recycling containers for garbage and recyclable materials. If you have more than your containers can handle, please DO NOT dispose of trash or recyclable materials in any dumpsters or trash bins located in Promontory. This includes but is not limited to dumpsters or bins near club facilities and construction sites.
- Momentum Recycling offers at home glass recycling pick-up for $12/month! For more information & to sign-up click here.
Recyclable materials can be taken to Recycle Utah in Park City.found Information can be found here.
- For excess household garbage, Summit County has a landfill located east of Promontory. Information for the Three Mile Canyon Landfill can be found here.